Sandman

Post here on any books you've finished or heard about or want to read. This will hopefully enhance the educational value of our forum.
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

More to come?

Post by Gulliver »

Neil gave an interview and he said:
I’m definitely now starting to think about 2013, two years from now, is Sandman’s 25th anniversary. And we’re looking at end of 2013, and I’m going, I think writing my first Sandman comic for a decade would be really fun.
I wonder what that means?
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Lee + Neil = ???

Post by Gulliver »

I heard that Lee might be going to see Neil in a week. I wonder what he will talk about?
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Lee + Neil * Amanda = ????

Post by Gulliver »

Lee is going to see Neil again and this time Amanda Palmer will be there too.

I wonder what will happen with Lee and Neil and Amanda all in the same room?

Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

AFP + NG

Post by Nibs »

One more day to go!
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

More Sandman!

Post by Gulliver »

The big news is that Neil is going to write a Sandman prequel that will come out in 2013!

I am going to have to reread the series before then!

Very exciting!

lee
No Pants Bean

Yes!

Post by lee »

Yeah, Gulliver, you should totally read it again.

Maybe we can read it together like we did for 1602!!

Hooray!!
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

The Longest Overture

Post by Gulliver »

Boy, I can't believe I wrote that the prequel would come out in 2013. Here it is almost 2015 and only half of it has come out. Part 4 is supposed to be out on December 17th.

So far it has been pretty good. My favorite character is a blue girl named Hope that is traveling with Morpheus. Hopefully we will get to meet Morpheus' dad in the next issue.

In a recent goodreads Q&A Neil said:
I think I'm too slow a writer these days to write a monthly comic. Better to just do one off projects...
I wonder why he is a slower writer now. Probably because he is too distracted from online stuff like twitter and tumblr and the Schlopstakovich forums.

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Lee saw Neil!

Post by Gulliver »

Lee saw Neil and got to eat Matzah ball soup - all in the same night. I got to watch along with the live stream. Unfortunately Lee had to sit behind a big afro so I probably had the better view.

Neil talked a lot about pickled peaches and blurbs.

What a night!

peaches
Fuzziest Bean of All

peter piper picked a peck of pickled peaches

Post by peaches »

Yeah what was up with those pickled peaches in Tulsa?

They sounded too salty!

Yechhh
Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp!
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Oso in Oslo

Post by Gulliver »

Neil told me on twitter he would be willing to do the Future Library project which is where people write books that we can read in 2114.

I think I will probably start saving pennies for a trip to Oslo to see Neil's ceremony. Maybe Schlop will go too. We could hang in the forest with Neil and that would be pretty cool.

I wonder what 2114 will be like...

Nibs

15 mins of Twitter Fame

Post by Nibs »

An epic moment in Bear History took place last week and I am here to COMMEMORATE IT!

Gulliver achieved the goal of the entire Bear Kingdom by creating a Tweet Masterpiece so good that NEIL HIMSELF retweeted it!!!

Each bear, one and all, stands and applauds this momentous accomplishment!

Here is the tweet for posterity:

https://twitter.com/gulliverbear/status ... 2234218497

Gulliver not only found the perfect image for each part of the dialogue, created the clever Hope parallel, but also wrangled the fickle gods of imgur to get it to come altogether!

Bears are so impressed and so so proud of Gulliver Bear!!
Nibs

30 mins of Twitter Fame

Post by Nibs »

Whoa!

Not one to be satisfied with one Neil retweet going viral per year, Gulliver Bear is back for more!

This time instead of a lengthy photo-creation project, he used his extensive research skills to help give Neil an easy link to a critical Court of Appeals decision that helps creators retain rights to their creations!

The twitterverse is so appreciative of Gulliver making this reference easily available to all.

Three fuzzy cheers for Gulliver Bear!!! Hip Hip Fuzzah! Hip Hip Hip Fuzzah! Hip hip Fuzzah!

And hooray for Neil appreciating and elevating this tweet!

https://twitter.com/neilhimself/status/ ... 1943135232

The bears are so proud to have Gulliver representing us so well in the twitterverse!