www.schlopstakovich.com Forum Index www.schlopstakovich.com
The Only Online Schlop Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Healthy foods for bears

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ
Bean Worthy of Good Food Stuffs

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Healthy foods for bears Reply with quote

Cookies, cupcakes, donuts, cheesy fries. These are just a few of the popular food topics here that are bad for your health. Unhealthy foods can cause itchy fur and cotton compaction. I have decided to bring awareness to some healthier foods by starting this topic. Feel free to talk about any new healthy foods that you eat.

Did you know you should try to get 9 servings of fruits and veggies a day? Now you do.
Nibs
Bean Bag Bean

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Mmmmm Reply with quote

Hi DJ

I just ate a food last weekend with Lee that Ive never had before. It was called "polenta." It was kind of like cream of wheat, only made of corn and lots of butter I think.

We had it at a restaurant on the way back from hiking! It was warm and yummy!!

I dont know if it's healthy though. I hope so!!
DJ

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Nibs on the cob Reply with quote

Hi Nibs.

It's good to see you are concerned with the healthiness of your food, as you should be. Corn and lots of butter though doesn't sound very healthy. I would say make polenta a rare treat rather than a daily staple.

Kudos on getting some exercise by hiking though.
DJ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Are you eating these 11 foods Nibs? Reply with quote

Here is a list of 11 foods you (Nibs) aren't eating. Fortunately I eat blueberries everyday in my breakfast cereal. I will try to get some sardines next to see how those taste.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/06/30/the-11-best-foods-you-arent-eating/index.html?hp
DJ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Lee is healthy Reply with quote

I heard that Lee ate some kale. I'm not sure what this is. Perhaps Lee can fill us in.

Do you feel more healthy after eating it Lee?
DJ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Salad Days Reply with quote

I made a healthy salad for the bears to eat. It had spinach leaves and some purple leaves and then I added broccoli and carrots and eggs and artichocke hearts and cherry tomatoes. Overall I would say it was pretty good.

Also kudos to Lee on eating healthy hot pockets!

Oh I also forgot to say I used Paul Newman's Italian dressing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.schlopstakovich.com Forum Index -> Food All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: