Healthy foods for bears

Food is a very important topic on these forums. We now have a new category devoted entirely to it (including any and all muffins, pancakes, and pastries).
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Healthy foods for bears

Post by DJ »

Cookies, cupcakes, donuts, cheesy fries. These are just a few of the popular food topics here that are bad for your health. Unhealthy foods can cause itchy fur and cotton compaction. I have decided to bring awareness to some healthier foods by starting this topic. Feel free to talk about any new healthy foods that you eat.

Did you know you should try to get 9 servings of fruits and veggies a day? Now you do.
Zupancakes
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Mmmmm

Post by Nibs »

Hi DJ

I just ate a food last weekend with Lee that Ive never had before. It was called "polenta." It was kind of like cream of wheat, only made of corn and lots of butter I think.

We had it at a restaurant on the way back from hiking! It was warm and yummy!!

I dont know if it's healthy though. I hope so!!
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Nibs on the cob

Post by DJ »

Hi Nibs.

It's good to see you are concerned with the healthiness of your food, as you should be. Corn and lots of butter though doesn't sound very healthy. I would say make polenta a rare treat rather than a daily staple.

Kudos on getting some exercise by hiking though.
Zupancakes
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Are you eating these 11 foods Nibs?

Post by DJ »

Here is a list of 11 foods you (Nibs) aren't eating. Fortunately I eat blueberries everyday in my breakfast cereal. I will try to get some sardines next to see how those taste.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/06/3 ... ex.html?hp
Zupancakes
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Lee is healthy

Post by DJ »

I heard that Lee ate some kale. I'm not sure what this is. Perhaps Lee can fill us in.

Do you feel more healthy after eating it Lee?
Zupancakes
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Salad Days

Post by DJ »

I made a healthy salad for the bears to eat. It had spinach leaves and some purple leaves and then I added broccoli and carrots and eggs and artichocke hearts and cherry tomatoes. Overall I would say it was pretty good.

Also kudos to Lee on eating healthy hot pockets!

Oh I also forgot to say I used Paul Newman's Italian dressing.
Zupancakes