Computer Games

Be it board, computer or outdoors....
Games help distract from doing chores
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

On the Rain-Schloped Precipice of Darkness

Post by Snuffles »

I heard that Lee and Nibs might be checking out the Penny Arcade game this weekend. Cool! Let me know if there are any sticker needs.
"Thong-the-thong-thong-thong"
- the Thong Song
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Schloptastic!

Post by Nibs »

Hi Snuffles... OMG!!!!

Lee couldn't sleep last night so she woke me up and we downloaded and played the demo for Rain Schlopped Precipice of Darkness!!!!

It was SO COOL!!!!

We named our character "Snuffles" in honor of you, Snuffles!!!

There's so much to say!! The coolest part I think was the voice of the narrator. It's the same voice that was on the trailer for the game, the deep dramatic voice. Hearing Tycho's over-dramatic words read in that voice throughout the game is SO COOL!!! Wow!!

It's also HILARIOUS!! And get this... first you walk around and then you meet a CAT!!! And you have to talk the cat and your choices are like: Say hi to the cat, Meow at the cat, Purr at the cat. And you can "Meowow" and the cat's kind of confused. And then you can choose "Try to Purr and Meow at the same time" and you say "Mwwroor" and the cat gets insulted! But if you purr then the cat becomes your friend and he joins the party!

Then in the battles, we had another "team member" and it was the cat! But we had to wait for him to power up and it took FOREVER because he was NAPPING! Then when he finally was ready and we clicked on him, he just walked out into the middle of the battle and licked himself for a bit and it did only 1 damage to all the enemies and the narrator said "Frankly, I'm a bit disappointed in our team member." Hoo Hoo!! Then he went back to napping and it took like another 3 battles before he was powered up again and ready to come back for the same thing. Hoo hoo!! CAT!!!!

Here, Lee wants to add some stuff now:

The whole game plays like a comic strip. Dialogue happens by a new comic panel jutting up from below that has the characters talking in it. When you walk to the right long enough you end up hitting the end of a frame of a comic panel and then it jumps you into the next frame. The cut scenes are also amazing- showing kind of a zoomed out view of different comic panels but only one is animating at a time, yet you can still see the others, and thus a bit of what's about to happen before it happens. I've seen other movies try for this effect (The Hulk) but never so successfully.

I was also amazed at the fact that the character you initially create (hair, clothes, size, etc) is then shown in every drawing, cut scene, etc, and animated with your chosen stuff. That must've been a ton of work that Gabe did to draw every possible character you could generate in every panel for every situation. Holy wow!

Ok back to Nibs now:

Yeah, so I wonder if you guys could play the demo? Maybe it would take less RAM. Anysneech, it was awesome and we can't wait to play the real game!!

There were also lots of other funny jokes! Like every item you pick up says something funny and especially the narration is SO FUNNY. Hoo hoo.

Yay!!!
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Rain-schloped!

Post by Snuffles »

Hey Nibs!

Guess what? We played the demo too - just like you! Peaches insisted that we name the character Sneeches. Then we ran into the same cat that you found. That cat was SO lazy... like a Schlop cat. It was fun!

We also found a box of fireworks that exploded when we clicked on it!
- the Thong Song
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Spore

Post by DJ »

Mini-nibs told me about this game called Spore where you can make any types of creatures you want. Here is a video someone made of Snowy and three Gundys: http://youtube.com/watch?v=UexVE7xmsX8

Do you think Lee will make one with Schlop?
Zupancakes
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Spore troubles

Post by mini-nibs »

Hey DJ, Peaches was really excited about making a version of Sneeches in the Spore creature creater so I tried to run the free trial program... but unfortunately it said our graphics card was not good enough. But maybe Nibs will check it out since he is running a sweet new computer - if so here is the link: http://www.spore.com/trial

Also here's one somebody made... of PB?! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRalaJXqtZI&NR=1
Care for a little Nibs?
Nibs

Whoa!

Post by Nibs »

Whoa! That game looks crazy mininibs!

Spore Bunny Spotted!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZXuJOt5 ... re=related
Petri
Majestic Bean

Bunny fright

Post by Petri »

I don't think Duddles should watch that video or else it will give him scary dreams. Is that even a bunny?
Duddles' deeds be done.
lee
No Pants Bean

No way!

Post by lee »

Oh my gosh!

Someone made Snowy!!!!!! Wow!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UexVE7xmsX8
Shnoodles

Grow a lot!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you GROW guys!

Guess what? There is a new GROW game - that's what!

I haven't played it yet but I am going to play it later tonight. Exciting!
In the SHNOOD!
lee
No Pants Bean

W00t

Post by lee »

Hey Shnoodles!!

I passed the new GROW game you posted about!!

It was a little tricky- lots of false positives, but i figured it out with Nibs' help!!

Hoo hoo.

Now I need to go back and play that puzzle game you played a month ago that sounded cool.
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Lee gets ALL the trophies!

Post by Snuffles »

It appears not a lot has happened with computer games in the last decade (due to a lack of posts since 2009!) - but that has all changed since yesterday night (and into the morning!) when Nibs and Lee went on an epic gaming session to collect all the trophies in the Google Doodle Olympic game!

Nibs & Lee only needed help once when trying to find the three turtle sisters in Tanooki City but the rest of it they did all on their own!

Check out this trophy haul!

Congrats to Nibs & Lee on this amazing display of gaming prowess!
- the Thong Song
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Cool new game

Post by mini-nibs »

Hey Nibs, check out this cool new game!

Edit - thanks for checking out the game, Nibs! We got to watch as Nibs completed the whole quest and even found an extra grape. Nibs is the best adventure gamer!

Here is the bear gang after Nibs finished:
Care for a little Nibs?
Nibs

A masterpiece

Post by Nibs »

I can only hope historians will understand that my 11 days of waiting to write about NibsQuest were mostly a futile attempt to find words that could encapsulate so masterful a creation!

I still have not found the words!

But a gift this extraordinary must be documented, so even though I can do it no justice with my writing skills, I'd like to give it a try.

The St Louis bears really outdid themselves in January of 2022 by creating an old-fashioned text-based RPG full of all the important things in Lee's life! They wrote for it, drew art for it, found sound effects from old games we love, found cool new theme music, coded their own Worlde, riddle, and bear-stacking game, and then even finished off with a photo montage of Lee and the bears set to music!

The bears. cant. even.

I personally love the intro song and can't get enough of it and make Lee play it for me every day.

Isn't the art here incredible?? I've never looked so fuzzy and heroic!

Apparently the original concept involved the bears going into the Matrix to try to save Tiffany but then Warner Brothers cut the funding so we had to set it all in Lee's tiny cabin!

But it has so many personal touches! Like the wood burning stove, which you have to light by getting the giant oven mitts to pick up a log!

In our birthday playthrough we baffled the creators by immediately running up to the attic to talk to PB, hoo hoo! And tried to solve a hard riddle!

We couldn't believe all the details that capture our daily lives. Like how the butter always falls out of the mini fridge. And how Schlop never leaves the big bed until the cabin is toasty warm. And how Stu lives in the closet and dispenses wisdom to lonely travelers:

There was even a Final Fantasy themed fight with that pesky bobcat who was 2spooky4SNEECHES and also for me because I ran away the first time I encountered him. Later I threw a moldy grape at him, but it didn't have any effect! Only the tuna was the key!

One of the other fan favorite moments was the incredible bear stack and how funny it was when all the bears toppled over! I still love the music in this section and the art!

Every little detail is so thoughtful! The world is so rich and fun to explore! It took us an entire hour to pass it- the perfect length! What an amazing gift to ring in Lee's 43rd year!

Look how fuzzy this one is where I am sitting on Schlop, hoo hoo snarf:

Even though it's linked in the post above, I'll link it here again: http://schlopstakovich.com/NibsQuest.html

I did a speed run a few days later and found a toast bug, which MiniNibs was excited to fix!

It's amazing how the creators thought of every permutation and troubleshooted it so well!

Let's hear what some of the other bears have to say about it too!

Thank you from the bottom of our bear hearts! We are so grateful!
Last edited by Nibs on Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Duddles
King of the World Bean

Hooooooooooo

Post by Duddles »

HOOO HOOO HOOOO!!!

So fuzzy to nap on!!!!

(no shaking tho....)
Where's Petri?
Schlop
The One and Only

Meepsalot

Post by Schlop »