Cupcakes

Food is a very important topic on these forums. We now have a new category devoted entirely to it (including any and all muffins, pancakes, and pastries).
lee
No Pants Bean

Cupcakes

Post by lee »

Hey guys.

I just learned Muffins is pretty interested in cupcakes, and I have some more cupcake news, so I figured I'd start a new thread.

On Saturday we had a "Holiday Baking Party" with the girls from my old job. Everyone gets together and bakes some sort of sweet (mostly cookies) and then, in the end, we all share with each other.

I wanted to make Banana Bread, but I couldn't find Mom's good recipe. So I went to the store and bought all the fixins to make cupcakes!

I made 24 cupcakes and then I frosted half of them chocolate and half of them cherry. I had never frosted a cupcake... but after a few tries, I got pretty good at it. I put a big glob of frosting down and then use the knife to make a swirl out of it.

Anyway, it was fun. Cupcakes are easy to make and pretty yummy. Maybe we can try making them next time we're all together.

PS Muffins, I've never had a cupcake from the Magnolia Bakery, although I've been inside.
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

Muffincakes!

Post by Muffins »

Your darn tootin' I'm interesting in cupcakes!

24 cupcakes - that's a lot. It sounds delicious (although I could do without the cherry frosting - bleccccch). I knew that everyone would enjoy them too, since when you get right down to it - what is a cupcake but really a muffin with frosting? (It's deep, I know --- think it over!)

I can't believe you went to the Magnolia without getting a cupcake or two to take with you... for shame! Think of all the stories you would have to tell about their bomb frosting. Oh well, shucks.
"You have no life... Writing about Smurfs... GO EAT A MUFFIN OR SOMETHING!"
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Typical Muffins slander

Post by DJ »

Oh, that's a new one - a cupcake is really just a muffin with frosting. Wow, what will you Muffinistas think up next? That a lollipop is really just a jolly rancher with a stick in it? Not likely!

This is akin to me claiming that you could have a birthday cake by squelching a tube of chocolate frosting on your garden variety pancake. It's tempting I know, but it's not a birthday cake.

Let's keep it real here folks, a muffin is a muffin, a cupcake is a cupcake, and all the frosting in the world isn't going to change that!
Zupancakes
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Schlop is so fat

Post by Gulliver »

Hey - how many of those 24 cupcakes did Schlop snorf down? I bet he had at least two, possibly more. He is so fat - he eats food like a pink vacuum cleaner.

We're about to be taken to a dreamworld of magic
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
lee
No Pants Bean

I ate cupcakes

Post by lee »

Whoa, this is a weird thread. DJ talking about birthday pancakes and Gulliver insulting Schlop so blatantly!!

Anysneech, I ate CUPCAKES today!!! For my half birthday! :)

I got a carrot cupcake and Beth got a vanilla cupcake and Gwen got a Rocky Road cupcake (chocolate). There were all very yummy. The carrot cupcake was the best- made of carrot cake with yummy icing and even a little emblem of a carrot on top- how cute!!

Hooray for Half Birthday Cupcakes!!!
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Really, more cupcake postings.... really?

Post by Nibs »

Jeez, we have a cupcakes thread too? Oh, I suppose I should post this here as well...

http://picasaweb.google.com/nibskebab/NibsCupcake