Owly!

Post here on any books you've finished or heard about or want to read. This will hopefully enhance the educational value of our forum.
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

owly books

Post by Nibs »

Hi Gulliver,

I know that Lee never reads, but I thought you might be interested in this bookshelf that Lee made!! The books on the bottom are just for decoration and mostly gifts that Lee got, but above that you can see the SNICKET collection and above that are the OWLY BOOKS!! And on top are Owly and Mini Goober!!!!

Now you know my favorite part of the room!!

Nibs

Owly?

Post by Nibs »

Hullos.

Well for all that effort to get the Owly comic... I must say... it's a little um...er... well... um...

I mean I counted 3 flashbacks, 1 flashforward and even a flash-sideways! I don't know what to make of it.

I had a hard time following the plot. It involves a lot more dialogue than usual for an Owly comic. It seemed to involve a bunny wanting mittens and also a pot breaking. There was minimal Wormy participation in this story so that's too bad as well.

The bonus comic that comes with it, called Korgi, seemed to be going strong- all about a cookie! But then took a strange twist.

Hm, we'll have to see what you guys think of it.
Nibs

hoo hoo

Post by Nibs »

But there was one great part where Owly takes a bath

and it says "Scruba Scruba"

Schlop wants to take a bath too!!

Scruba Schlopa!
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Paws?

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

How many paws did you give Owly, Nibs? It sounds like maybe you didn't like it as much, so I guess you didn't give it two paws. How many paws did you give it?
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
Nibs

Wormy is the new Peaches

Post by Nibs »

Hey guys!

Me and Lee read Owly 4. OH WOW!!! IT WAS SO GOOD!!!!

Wormy was TOTALLY just like PEACHES (or SNEECHES) in this book. He was FREAKING OUT at everything!!! Owly kept trying to read him this story about Dragons (Peaches likes stories about dragons too) and Wormy was freaking the hell out!!!

There were a lot of conversations that went like this:

Wormy: WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
Owly: WTF Wormy?
Wormy: DRAGON!!!!!!
Owly: It's a BOOK, Wormy, chill!
Wormy: sniffle

Then later Wormy keeps thinking he sees a dragon and there's a lot of conversations that go like this:

Wormy: WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
Owly: WTF Wormy?
Wormy: DRAGON!!!!
Owly: There's no such thing as dragons, Wormy, chill!
Wormy: WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Poor Wormy!!

But some awesome stuff happens in this book and Wormy is pretty much in every scene so it's pretty great!!

Also, one time they brush their teeth and it says "brusha brusha". HOO HOO!!

I think this is my favorite Owly of them all so far!