www.schlopstakovich.com Forum Index www.schlopstakovich.com
The Only Online Schlop Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Waterschlop Down
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.schlopstakovich.com Forum Index -> Literature
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nibs
TOASTY Bean

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: THIS JUST IN: Bunnies ARE SAFE Reply with quote

Hey guys

I heard the bunnies were all ok and the book is over. Phew... what an exciting ride for those bunnies. I'm glad they're all safe. That was crazy how the Efrafra bunnies thought the Waterschlop warren was haunted cause Fiver was all creepy and everything. What a good plan, I can't believe it worked. Those bunnies are so smart and cool.

Hooray for reading Waterschlop!
lee
Whatever Schlop Wants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Waterschlop uncovered Reply with quote

Now we can ask the real question...

Why was Sawyer reading Watership Down in LOST? What do you think it means?

Do you think the story is an allegory for something? Do you agree with the internet people that say the other warrens represent different forms of government?

Thoughts.
Petri
Bow Down Before This Bean

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Bunnies will be bunnies Reply with quote

That was a great bunny adventure and we are all glad we got to go along by reading the book. I think it is true that the different warrens represent different types of government. The Efrafa warren represents the government where all the bunnies are kept under strict control by Woundwort since he is worried about attracting attention from men. Strawberry's warren is the type of government that lives in next to a farm and eats lots of good food but also is occassionaly killed off by the silver wire. Hazel's warren is the type of government that lets you siflay whenever you want - that is my favorite type.

I would say that Duddles runs a bean warren that is somewhere in between Strawberry's warren and Hazel's warren. Hoo hoo.

Lee - I think Sawyer reads the book on Lost because the Lostaways are a lot like the bunnies since they are being attacked and are scared. That's my theory anyways.
PB
Legendary Bean

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: ?Come again? Reply with quote

And here I was wondering why Petri doesn't post more often...
Shnoodles
SNEECHES' friend

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Watership bunnies Reply with quote

Hey you bunny hoppers,

John Hodgman - the guy who does the Mac v PC ads and who Lee mistakenly thought was in the CitiBank commercial - wrote about Watership Down in a recent article for Wired:

Quote:
Do nonhuman animals have culture?
Yes. Anyone who has read Watership Down knows that animals have religion, art, literature, and Owsla - the four pillars of culture as defined by most experts. But itís not just rabbits who are writing novels. Did you know that Absalom, Absalom! was written by snakes?

Shnoodles
SNEECHES' friend

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Waterschlop on demand Reply with quote

Hey you guys,

Did you know you can watch the Waterschlop movie on youtube? It looks like it is in 10 parts... I want to see what Blackberry looks like. Here is part one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gYpLGxAetg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.schlopstakovich.com Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: