Graphic Schlop Novels

Post here on any books you've finished or heard about or want to read. This will hopefully enhance the educational value of our forum.
lee
No Pants Bean

Quest for Owly Part II

Post by lee »

...continuing on.

At this point I was pretty tired and Nibs was hungry (Nibs was in my bag the whole time, helping me out). So we stopped and ate a little pizza in the mall. I had two more stores on my list and I had their phone numbers. At this point I was starting to fear that maybe Owly isn't distributed in San Francisco at all and perhaps we'd have to just get it online.

So I called the next store. No luck. Then I called a store in the Castro.

"Are you guys doing Free Comic Book Day?"
"Yes."
"Do you happen to have the Owly comic?"
"Yes."
"WAS THAT A YES?!?!"
"Yes."
"Alright!!!"

So Nibs and I got in the car and drove over to the Castro.

The Castro was really hopping. It was warm and beautiful outside and so EVERYBODY was out. (no pun intended... hoo hoo) Almost every store had free samples or people outside giving things away, a lot going on. I finally found the store. It was as hard-core nerdy of a comic book store as you get. And I walked inside.

"Happy Free Comic Book Day!" I announced as I entered. There were six ultra-nerdy guys in various parts of the store who looked up in surprise. "A girl who likes comics?" they thought. I walked up to the main guy who was standing next to the table with all the free comics.

"YES!! You have Owly!" I cried.

Everyone in the store looked at me, looked on the table, saw what Owly was, and then looked at me again in confusion.

"Er... um...er..." I said, realizing how foolish I looked, cheering on Owly as it sat next to Spiderman, League of Something Cool, XMen, Anime, etc. "Owly's great! It's going to be a collector's item one day!"

"Um..." said the main cashier. "Oh yeah? I guess I'm in good shape because I still have mine from last year."

At this point I was scared and embarrassed and had nothing else to say so I grabbed a handful of Owlys and ran out of the store.

Phew!!!

But at least I got the Owlys!!! Hooray!!! Nibs was so proud!!!
Duddles
King of the World Bean

Owly!

Post by Duddles »

Hoo hoo hoo!

Wormy too, right? Owly and Wormy!
Where's Petri?
Shnoodles
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Lee rocks!

Post by Shnoodles »

Wow Lee (and Nibs), that was a more epic quest than my free Crispani fiasco combined with Frodo's quest to destroy the ring! What an adventure.

I can't believe you went through so much to find Owly... and then you did! Owly would be proud of you guys.
In the SHNOOD!
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Two-paw post

Post by Gulliver »

I just finished reading Lee's story. I give it two paws. I like happy endings. And I liked the part about the mini-pizza.
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
Shnoodles

SugarSchlop

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Joss Whedon guys,

Joss has been writing a lot of comics now since all his TV shows got canceled - and he is even writing one for free! It is called SugarSchlop and so far has three parts. I think they are really funny, check them out:

Part 1: http://creative.myspace.com/groups/_mh/ ... shock.html

Part 2: http://creative.myspace.com/groups/_mh/ ... shock.html

Part 3: http://creative.myspace.com/design/_js/ ... tory1.html

And remember, squirrels have NO SOULS!
In the SHNOOD!
lee
No Pants Bean

hoo hoo hoo

Post by lee »

Whoa Shnoodles!

Those 3 comics were GREAT. SO FUNNY. Nibs is still chortling. We like the main girl and how she has all those viking quotes. So many funny lines. Yeah, Flanders rules! Hoo hoo. Schlop like the part about plush toy likenesses. Hoo hoo.

Yay Joss Whedon! HOOOOOO.
Shnoodles

Y the Last Schlop to end???

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Y guys,

Did you know that the last issue of Y the last Schlop is coming out on Jan 30th, and they are having a big party to celebrate? I wonder what happens in the last issue. Do you guys think that Schlop finds other Schlops or is he really the last Schlop?

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... =348289634
In the SHNOOD!
Nibs

The Doll's House

Post by Nibs »

Halfway through book 2 of Sandman!!

Can you believe it?!