Graphic Schlop Novels

Post here on any books you've finished or heard about or want to read. This will hopefully enhance the educational value of our forum.
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Graphic Schlop Novels

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

Graphic novels are books where there are pictures you can look at in case you don't know some of the words. So far I am reading the Sandman Schlop Chronicles and have read some of Ex Schlopina. I also have some other ones waiting at Schloply library. In this thread we can discuss graphic novels you guys have read.

Did you guys know that you can read the first issue of Y: the Last Schlop for free from the internet. I just read it. I spotted a teddy bear in it too! I wonder what will happen next to the bear? Here is the link:

http://www.dccomics.com/media/excerpts/1736_x_1.pdf
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

The Schlops of Baghdad

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

Recently I read the first two books of Fables. It is about creatures from fairy tales who escaped to live in New York and pass as humans. Mostly it was about Nibs though:

I'm also finishing up Sandman Schlop #9 and Nibs you were mentioned in that one too but I don't have a picture sorry.

Recently Brian K Vaughan was profiled in the NYT:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/03/arts/ ... ref=slogin

He has a new book coming out called the Schlops of Baghdad which looks really cool. He is also working on the Escapist! I bet Lee is interested in that.
Mr. Vaughan has also found time to write “The Escapists,” a limited series featuring the superhero from Michael Chabon’s Pulitzer Prize-winning 2000 novel, “The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay,” for Dark Horse Comics. On his Web site Mr. Chabon hails Mr. Vaughan as “the best young writer in mainstream comics.”
Cool!
Last edited by Gulliver on Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Schlops of Baghdad now available!

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

Just wanted to let you guys know that the Schlops of Baghdad is now available from stores. I think I am going to order one from schlopazon. But I want to get some other books too. I was thinking about getting the first book of Y the last Schlop and maybe Schlopaways. Do you guys have any suggestions for any other books I should get too?

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Schlopaline the graphic novel!

Post by Gulliver »

Hi,

Some guy is making a graphic novel version of Coraline! Here are two sample pages:

http://www.neilgaiman.com/journal/uploa ... 784319.jpg

http://www.neilgaiman.com/journal/uploa ... 740564.JPG

Looks like Coraline has the same hat as Lee!

Mr. Monkey
Special Bean

The eternal battle continues

Post by Mr. Monkey »

I just heard word from across the pond that you all are going to read a book concerning the ongoing struggle of good (monkeys) versus evil (robots). I do hope those nasty machines get what's coming to them!
Ooo eee Ooo Ahhh Ahhh
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

robomonkey

Post by Nibs »

Hey Mr Monkey

Yeah I cant wait to hear about MONKEYS v ROBOTS.

I bet its a little more violent than Owly. I bet it's not the emotional rollercoaster craziness that Owly is though. I also bet it's not as good as Owly. I do a lot of betting. :)

Tell us about it!!
Duddles
King of the World Bean

Skronk... chee chee

Post by Duddles »

Wahhhhhhhhhh

Wahhhhhhhhhh

Wah.
Where's Petri?
Mr. Monkey
Special Bean

I surmise

Post by Mr. Monkey »

Well, I too was very curious to hear about the books Nibs, but I have been unable to get a clear picture from the bears. They all seem to be very traumatized by the whole thing. Lots of 'wahs'.

From what I've been able to piece together, your bets were very prescient. It sounds very violent and a lot of the monkeys didn't make it. There was something about a crystal of power... and a demonkeyfying machine... not very pleasant at all.

I guess I will stick with my Curious George readings.
Ooo eee Ooo Ahhh Ahhh
Nibs

oh jeez

Post by Nibs »

Oh man, sounds like the monkey roboschlops didnt go over too well.

Why did the monkeys and the robots start fighting in the first place?

Can we help them negotiate a truce?

Im glad there are no robots on the forms, you're safe here Mr Monkey
Shnoodles

Turds

Post by Shnoodles »

Why did the monkeys and the robots start fighting in the first place?
Turds, Nibs. Can you believe it? Turds.
In the SHNOOD!
Nibs

well ill be

Post by Nibs »

Turds? Like Monkey turds? As in "droppings"?

Seems a little odd...
Shnoodles

Both turds

Post by Shnoodles »

Monkey turds AND robot turds.
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Tomorrow's the day... for FREE comics... day

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Comic Book Moochers,

Tomorrow is the big day to mosey on over to the Comic Shop to grab some Free Comics! Are you gonna go check it out Lee? If you do be sure to let us know what you get. If not we can always order the Owly Free Comic online too!

If you want to find stores nearby with Free Comics you can go here to enter your zip code: http://www.freecomicbookday.com/
In the SHNOOD!
lee
No Pants Bean

Owly!!

Post by lee »

Oh wow Shnoodles!

I woke up this morning and thought "It's free Comic Book Day" and then looked it up online and found stores. Then I saw your post! Cool.

I'll go try to find Owly. Are you going to also?

Looks like most of the stores don't open until 10.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Moops.
Last edited by lee on Sun May 06, 2007 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lee
No Pants Bean

Quest for Owly Part I

Post by lee »

Oh man, Shnoodles. I had a pretty epic quest for Owly.

So I looked up some stores online and there were 4 in an area pretty close together and nearby. So I figured one of them surely had Owly.

First store. I walked in and said "Happy Free Comic Day!" It was a toy store that doesn't usually sell comics. They had all the free comics put into individual bags, so you pick up your set and go, like a party-favor or a Halloween bag. I rifled through my bag and didn't see Owly! Arg. I asked the lady behind the counter if they had Owly and perhaps it wasn't in my bag? She didn't speak English. I asked again if all bags were the same? She said "same. yes." So I left.

Next store was Virgin Megastore. (I was very surprised at which stores participate in this.) I walked in and asked a worker "Where are the free comics?" He rolled his eyes and pointed to the checkout counter. At the counter there were 10 comics on display behind it on the wall. I looked and looked but no Owly. I did see a Battlestar Galactica one. When I got to the cashier I said "I'll take the Battlestar one. Do you happen to have Owly?" He said "Only what you see here."

Third store was a comic store in a mall type place. It was full of nerds and comics and things. I walked in and said "Happy Free Comic Book Day!" The worker smiled. I said "Do you have Owly?" He said "I dont think so, but look at the table." All the comics were on the table at this place, like the way they were in St Louis. So I took a few that looked cool and there were also mini star wars toys that were free too, so I grabbed some of those. (Just storm troopers.)

I know that some bears don't like long posts so I'll wrap this one up and call it Quest for Owly Part I.