Books Petri reads

Post here on any books you've finished or heard about or want to read. This will hopefully enhance the educational value of our forum.
Petri
Majestic Bean

Books Petri reads

Post by Petri »

I have been planning on reading Little, Big a long time now, but I just read this on Neil Gaiman's blog:
... and mention that John Crowley's Little, Big, one of my favourite books in the world
Now millions of people are going to rush out and read this book, but I had bought it before all of them! I can't believe I got scooped. Oh well, I think I better start to read it now before everyone else.

I'll post here what I think about it as I go along.
Duddles' deeds be done.
Petri
Majestic Bean

First your little, then your big

Post by Petri »

I finally started reading the book 'Little, Big.' I know PB (and others) are really excited about this so I thought I would provide updates as I go along. The story is about a guy named Smoky who looks like a young Santa Claus. He has just met a girl named Daily Alice and is going to marry her. She seems a bit strange however - she claims to have once walked into a rainbow and that her dog told her about Smoky. Huh.
Duddles' deeds be done.
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

how to guide

Post by Nibs »

Hey Petri

Check out this user's manual I just found for Schlop! It's really useful- there's a section on feeding, sleeping behavior, bed preparation, naptime locations- it's really HELPFUL!!!

You should see if they make one of these for Duddles!

Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Moopsalot!

Post by Nibs »

There's also a really useful section on language translation!! It lists all of Schlop's most commonly made noises and hisses and tells you what they mean!!

If only I had this a year ago.... wow, what a find!
PB
No Doubt Moses Bean

Three pronged schlopsticks

Post by PB »

Nibs wrote:It lists all of Schlop's most commonly made noises...
No comment on that one.

But I would like to comment about WHAT THE HELL IS THAT GUY HOLDING on the cover of the book?! It looks a sandwich, but the tuna is sliding out!

Maybe it's a device for taming Schlops and stunning them when need be.

Other ideas?
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Prongs

Post by Gulliver »

Hi Nibs.

You said you just found the book, but it looks like you were the author? Do you think there are other Nibses out there? I run across a lot of Nibses in the books I read too...
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?