Owly!

Post here on any books you've finished or heard about or want to read. This will hopefully enhance the educational value of our forum.
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Just a little Snuffles

Post by Snuffles »

I just heard that you guys got the complete Owly set! That's so exciting. I can't wait to read the second book which is called 'Just a little blue.' It reminds me of me - I'm little and blue too.

Can't wait to hear what you guys think of Owly...
"Thong-the-thong-thong-thong"
- the Thong Song
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

I LOVE OWLY

Post by Nibs »

Hey SNUFFLES!!!

Oh man, we read some Owly last night!! Oh wow... Oh jeez.... I LOVE OWLY!!!!

HOOT HOOT HOOT!!!!

I think there is nothing better in life than when Wormy is happy!!!!

It was pretty exciting... Owly rescued Wormy from the water, and then made him a BED and then fed him soup in a thimble (hoot hoot) and then they went on an adventure to the sea. Then wormy decided to stay with Owly...oh man, I was SO HAPPY!!!! I can't wait to see what the two of them are up to next!!!

HOOT HOOT!!!
Duddles
King of the World Bean

Hoot hoo hoo

Post by Duddles »

Hoo hoo hoo.

Owly! Hoo hoo hoo hoo. I wish I could make some soup for Petri in a thimble too. Hoo hoo.
Where's Petri?
Sneeches
Legendary Bean

hoot hoot

Post by Sneeches »

oh PEACHES

we finally got to ready OWLY last night!!!

I really like OWLY. I really like WORMY. It's so nice when they're HAPPY!!!

I hope we can read OWLY together sometime, PEACHES.

I MISS YOU!!!
peaches
Fuzziest Bean of All

Owly-connection

Post by peaches »

Hi Sneeches!!!

That's so cool that you got to read OWLY with Nibs and everybody! I really like Owly too, just like you! I feel like OWLY is helping us stay connected even though we are so far away from each other.
Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp!
Nibs

Owly Hoot hoot!

Post by Nibs »

Hey guys!!

We just read some more Owly tonight. We read The Bittersweet Summer. There was a major BUNNY SPOTTED!!! He rustled in the bushes and scared Owly into dropping the rope, but then he was just a cute bunny!! Hoo hoo hoo.

That was really sad when the hummingbirds had to migrate South. It really tore up Owly and Wormy. I'm SO glad Wormy doesn't have to migrate. Man, that would just be too much. Owly is so SAD when he gets sad. I'm glad Wormy is around to cheer him up.

On to the next book...
Nibs

wormy to the rescue!

Post by Nibs »

Hey guys!!

We just read Owly, book 2, Just a Little Blue.

Wow- this one was really good. Owly and Wormy made this huge sacrifice to use their wagon to build a birdhouse for a bluejay. But then the Bluejay thought it was a trap and wouldn't live in there. Well... I won't ruin it for you... but the cool parts were that Wormy got to play a key role and be a hero and that there was a little mouse who ate a lot of food and had his cheeks all puffed out!!

You guys might be afraid though because there was also a spider. But he was a really nice friendly spider.

Owly rocks!!! Hoot Hoot!!
Nibs

Flying lessons

Post by Nibs »

Hoot Hoot!!

Ok, the Owly trilogy is now complete.

Oh man, that third volume was really good!! At one point Owly is even wearing MITTENS!!!

I also found out that the guy from Book 2 is really a chipmunk, not a mouse.

And this one is cool because it's all about a flying squirrel!!! And Wormy has some good adventures. Although he gets hurt- poor Wormy!! Man, I love Wormy.

Anyhow, Owly is the best!! Thanks for sending these books!!!
Petri
Majestic Bean

Wormy???

Post by Petri »

Nibs - Wormy got hurt??? Is he okay? What happened?

Also - Duddles already spotted that Bunny that you mentioned (check his earlier post) so you actually made a bunny re-spot.

Owly wearing mittens! That sounds hoosterical. Are they USB hand-warming mittens?

Well, that's cool you guys read all the Owlys. All of us bears are really jealous. We're also laughing at you for not being able to tell a mouse from a chipmunk. Ha!
Duddles' deeds be done.
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Owly the fourth!

Post by Snuffles »

Hey - I just saw that the fourth Owly will be coming out in April. Cool beans! It is called Owly, a Time to be Brave. There will also be another Owly Free Comic for Free Comic Day. Here is a link that shows how the Owly drawings are made:

http://www.andyrunton.com/word/wordpress/?p=10#more-10

It features a new character named ... Bunny!
"Thong-the-thong-thong-thong"
- the Thong Song
lee
No Pants Bean

Wormy will be ok

Post by lee »

Petri wrote:Nibs - Wormy got hurt??? Is he okay? What happened?
Hey Petri

Yeah, Wormy was really high up in a tree and when he was climbing down one of the branches broke and he fell and hit his head!!! It was so scary- he had a bump on his head! Owly tucked him into his little bed and put a bandage on his head and gave him 7up in the thimble. Then the flying squirrel realized that even though Owls are a main predator of flying squirrels, Owly was ok to be trusted!! But I was pretty worried about Wormy.

I heard that Dj recently fell off the bed and got a bump on his head! Is DJ ok? Is anybody tucking him in and giving him 7up in a thimble? I hope so!!! Poor DJums!
Nibs

Owly Wormy!

Post by Nibs »

Ohman Ohjeez Ohwow Ohgolly...

I got this PACKAGE in the mail!!! But I had to wait until Lee got home to open it and then I opened it... and it was.... ohgosh... Owly and Wormy!!! They actually came to visit!!!

I was so star-struck I couldn't think of anything to say!!! But then I remembered that they don't talk. So Goober offered them some cookies and they were so HAPPY. And then they ate the cookies and now they're hanging out with Goober in the corner of the room.

Pretty exciting. I hope they don't bring any trouble though... they have some pretty frightening adventures, I dont know if I can handle that kind of excitement here.

They did give me a new comic!!! I can't wait to read it!!! Hoot Hoot... Wow, I can't believe they're actually here.
PB
No Doubt Moses Bean

curioser

Post by PB »

Does it freak out anyone else that Wormy is physically sewn onto Owly's head?

I mean... I know they're close. But... just saying is all....

If only we could find miniGoober.... maybe we can stitch him onto Goober's head....
Petri
Majestic Bean

Keep it on the downlow PB

Post by Petri »

Whoa, let's not give Duddles any ideas, okay?

There's no need for physical stitching...
Duddles' deeds be done.
Nibs

i heart wormy

Post by Nibs »

Hey guys

I've been meaning to post about the greatest Owly comic ever!! It's called Splashin Around and it was hand delivered by Owly himself.

This is definitely the best of the Owlys. It takes Wormy's happiness to new heights. It also shows Owly at a new level of ingenuity.

Plus there's also this great picture of Owly and Wormy sitting on a really fuzzy carpet in Owly's house!! I wish Lee would get a fuzzy carpet for me and Sneeches to romp on. I romp ON sneeches sometimes...but that gets old fast.

Anysneech- cant wait for you guys to read all these Owlys someday!!