Battlestar Galactica

A lot of exciting things happen each day and night on the telly. Finally, here's a place to discuss... without being censored.
lee
No Pants Bean

Battlestar Galactica

Post by lee »

Hey guys

On the flight home from Boston they were showing a summary episode of Battlestar Galatica. So I watched. Then my roommates were watching it last week so I watched with them.

It's a really cool show. I see why there's so much hype about it. The plot is pretty intricate and it holds the viewer to a higher standard I think... it doesn't feel as dumbed down as most shows.

I like that there's an alien race of cyborgs but they've evolved so much that they basically look and sound and act human, and emote. It's kind of a neat idea.

Anyshnoods, I'll keep you posted as I scout out this nerd frontier for us....
Shnoodles
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Battleshnood Schloptactica

Post by Shnoodles »

Wow Lee! I can't believe you watched Battleshnood! We had it on our Nibflix queue for a long time, but unfortunately mini-nibs had to cancel our account, so it might be awhile before we get to see it.

But what's with you jumping into the middle of these shows? I've heard that it is best to start with the Battleshnood miniseries and then to watch from the first season on. You're so crazy, Lee!
In the SHNOOD!
lee
No Pants Bean

battlestar update

Post by lee »

Hey Shnoods

Well I've still been diligently watching Battlestar. It really is a daring show. It plays out like a dramatic movie... very little soundtrack.... very slow dramatic scenes. Very epic dilemmas the characters face. Lots of moral issues. You've got to give a show credit for not being afraid to take a stab at stuff like that.

But the last few weeks, every episode is basically something that gets revived from the past that sheds new light on certain characters and their moral decisions. I'm not a big fan of that gimick. I'd like to see more being done with the actual plot and less dredging up interesting pasts. So maybe they can get a move on now. I mean the Cylons are about to find Earth- this is big!!

But overall... nowhere near as good as Firefly, not even close.
lee
No Pants Bean

update

Post by lee »

Just in case you were wondering, Battlestar is also taking a month off from new episodes, just like Heroes. Lame if you ask me. I want more EPISODES!!!

The finale was pretty cool. They found this lost temple that had a map leading to Earth but no one knows how to read it...but they all know they want it. The Cylons (robots that look human but are hot) threatened to invade and the humans threatened to nuke the temple if they invaded. So it's a big bluffing game because really neither race wants the temple destroyed but neither race wants the other race to figure out the secret and neither race knows how to solve it. Roger that?
Shnoodles
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Roger

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Lee,

Wow you have really gone crazy over Battleshnood! I totally agree - that is lame they are taking a month off. Do you have a favorite Battleshnood character?

I hope one day to be able to watch some of the show!
In the SHNOOD!