The Prestige!

This category is all about MOVIES! Rumors, celebrity gossip, recent sightings, Oscar hopefuls- let it all spill out here.
Shnoodles
Schlopstakovich Superstar

The Prestige!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you guys.

Shnoods News is back on the pulse of the movie gossip line with this exclusive look at the trailer for the upcoming SMASH The Prestige. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncttD0YhqPg&eurl=

What do you think, PB?
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Lee see?

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Lee,

Did you see the Prestige? You can post here what you thought about the movie and then you can also post in the New Movies Lee Sees thread too.
In the SHNOOD!
lee
No Pants Bean

Presto Chango

Post by lee »

Hey Shnoodles!

Yay, I finally saw The Prestige last night. Wow, I can DEFINITELY see why that would be a MUCH better book than a movie. It was really difficult to make it a movie. To quote Funny Farm, "I counted 10 flashbacks, 12 flashforwards and I think there was even a flash-sideways."

For most of the movie I was like "Who is reading whose diary?? Who's in Colorado Springs with Tesla and is that the same guy as the guy whose wife died...?"

I finally figured stuff out. It was pretty cool. Lots of good tricks and twists. I definitely didn't understand the final scene of the movie...is it the same as the book? Once Christian Bale shoots the Great Danton, they give their speeches, and then as Christian Bale walks away, you see another Danton body floating in a vat of water?? What the??

I also thought the whole cloning machine thing was a bit of a stretch. Did that come across more realistic in the book?

I didn't spot any bunnies, unfortunately.

But yeah, overall definitely cool and just when I thought there weren't any twists left, there were like 5 more twists.

Schlop thought it was really sad when they had to squash the canaries. Wahhh.