The Peachy book thread!!!

Post here on any books you've finished or heard about or want to read. This will hopefully enhance the educational value of our forum.
peaches
Fuzziest Bean of All

The Peachy book thread!!!

Post by peaches »

Hi guys!!!

I started a thread to talk about all the books I read. I like to read a lot. Me and Gulliver read the Dark Tower books. That was fun but they were too scary for me. Mostly I like to read thriller novels like the Da Vinci Shnoode. Right now I am reading the Rule of the Four Schlops. It is great! It is about this book that is so mysterious no one even knows why it is mysterious!

The book takes place at Princeton and there was a neat story aout a 29-year-old bicycle thief named James Hogue who got into Princeton by claiming to be a 18-year-old ranch hand from Utah. He claimed he taught himself Plato under the stars and hadn't slept indoors in a decade - and he got admitted on the spot. He deferred for a year pretending to be in Switzerland but really was in jail. But then he became a star at Princeton on the track team and was getting straight A's taking lots of classes, and was in the most exclusive eating club (The Ivy). But one day someone from his high school recognized him at a track meet and he was sentenced to prison. Isn't that crazy?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... N74665.DTL

Hi Sneeches! What are you reading?
Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp!
peaches
Fuzziest Bean of All

four Schlops!

Post by peaches »

Wow!!!

I just finished the Rule of Four Schlops! What an exciting ending. This book was non stop excitement!

I think this book is my new favorite book.

The movie comes out in 2008. Do you want to see it together, Sneeches?
peaches
Fuzziest Bean of All

Hi Guys!!!

Post by peaches »

Hi!

Gulliver helped me order a book from the Schloply library! Wow! It is about dragons and boats! I wonder if it will be as good as Lee's favorite book - Aragorn the Eldest Dragon? I'll keep you guys posted once I start reading it!

Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/034548 ... e&n=283155
peaches
Fuzziest Bean of All

Temeraire the Schlop-like dragon

Post by peaches »

Hi!!!

Temeraire the dragon seems a lot like Schlop:
The next morning, Laurence woke when Temeraire proceeded to envelop himself in his cot, which turned round twice as he tried to climb down. Laurence had to unhook it to disentangle him, and he burst out of the unwound fabric in hissing indignation. He had to be groomed and petted back into temper, like an affronted cat, and then he was at once hungry again.
See? How many times has Schlop gotten tangled in the covers and started hissing until you groom him and feed him some tuna fish? Probably a lot, I'll bet.
Sneeches
Legendary Bean

Dragon check in

Post by Sneeches »

Hi PEACHES
Have you been reading more of the DRAGON BOOK?

Is it still good?

Are there any books you think I should read? I was reading one book about a detective named William Dear who tried to find this one guy who was missing and well... it got too scary so I stopped.

I miss you, PEACHES
Sneeches
Legendary Bean

Hellooooooooooo

Post by Sneeches »

Whhheeeeeeeeeeeee

Hi PEEEEEEEEEEEACHES....

I'm on the ROLLLLLLLLLY CHAIR......

It goes very FAAAAAASST.....

I wonder how to STOOOOOOOP spinning....

Oh... there we go... Nibs is holding it for me...

Hi PEACHES,

I see you haven't talked much about the DRAGONBOAT book. Are you still reading it? Do you like it? Is everything ok PEACHES?

Oh SHOOOOOOOOOOOT..... I'm spinning againnnnnnnnnnn

Gotta Goooooooooooooooooo
peaches
Fuzziest Bean of All

Schlop's Majesty's Dragon

Post by peaches »

Hi Sneeches!

You're so silly on that chair! But be careful too!

I just finished the Dragon Boat book. It was good and all, but my favorite dragon was this little guy named Levitas and he was so funny just like you but then he went away halfway into the book and I kept waiting for him to come back and then finally he came back but then he died. It was sooooo sad.

Why does everyone I become attached to leave me? First you Sneeches, and now Levitas. Sigh.
Shnoodles
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Temeraire - the movie!

Post by Shnoodles »

Guess what peaches? That book you just read is going to be turned into a movie by Peter Jackson! The same team that wrote the Lord of the Schlops is going to write the screenplay. Pretty exciting!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/fi ... 1003120747
In the SHNOOD!
lee
No Pants Bean

right on

Post by lee »

Thanks for the PJ hot gossip Shnoodles.

Did you see that All The King's Men opens this weekend? I think I'd like to see it.

Are you guys gonna read a novel anytime soon? Or just the Buddha book?
peaches
Fuzziest Bean of All

Yay!

Post by peaches »

I just got my signed copy of book 2 of the DRAGON BOAT books in the mail from Sneeches!!! Naomi signed it to me and even drew a picture of my favorite dragon... Levitas! Thanks Sneeches - you made my day!
peaches
Fuzziest Bean of All

YAY

Post by peaches »

Hi Guys!!!

I finally read the second DRAGON BOAT book that Sneeches got signed for me! It was really exciting! They took Temeraire back to China where he was from and he got to meet his mother. DJ was wondering if maybe he could go back to Hong Kong (where he is from) one day.

Gulliver already ordered me the next book in the series - it is called Black Powder War. Sounds scary... I hope I don't get any black powder on my coat.
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

"You and me could have a bad Schlopomance"

Post by Nibs »

Hey you friends of Peaches' book thread!

(First post in 13 years on this thread... ooooh exciting)

While we've been not paying attention, apparently Peaches' favorite Dragonbook author, Naomi Novik, churned out a new epic trilogy!

It is about a destructive sorceress who must learn to harness her deadly powers at a school of black magic called the Schlopomance! The school sounds pretty intense, if you don't pass your finals, you can die.

The entire trilogy is called The Schlopomance Trilogy, which Naomi named after Schlop since he was friends with Peaches who was her biggest fan.

Her final entry in the trilogy, The Golden Enclaves, just dropped this past week and the YA literary world was all abuzz about it, which is how it crossed my path!

Maybe we can read this epic trilogy with Peaches sometime!