The Da Vinci Shnoode!

This category is all about MOVIES! Rumors, celebrity gossip, recent sightings, Oscar hopefuls- let it all spill out here.
Shnoodles
Schlopstakovich Superstar

The Da Vinci Shnoode!

Post by Shnoodles »

Wow!

Thanks to some help from Lee, we made it past the first round of the Da Vinci Shnoode Challenge! Wow, way to go gang. Now for the next stage we have to do five puzzles in a row, and the fastest one wins untold riches - so I'm told (heh heh). It seems impossible to beat out 9,999 other people, but I think if we all work together we can at least beat out 1 person (Lee - since she is in England). Here's the gameplan:

Snuffles - you will be in charge of typing in the answers since you are a good typist

Peaches - you really shone on those soduku puzzles, so you will handle any of those

DJ - you will handle any pancake anagrams

Petri - you will plunder the internet looking for clues (get it?)

Gulliver - you should reread the Da Vinci Shnoode book before the 19th since you like to read a lot

Duddles - keep napping, you're doing great!

Muffins - you keep the rest of us fed so we don't get tired during the puzzles

mini nibs - just do whatever it is that you do... but stay out of the way!

Okay, and I'll be the over-seer. Yay! Let's do it, guys - woooooo!
In the SHNOOD!
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Cryptex in the house!

Post by mini-nibs »

Hey guys - I got the mail and guess what - we got the cryptex! It is pretty heavy, and it is designed so that only the last two letters really matter. You are supposed to spell out Grail and then inside it gives the website for the final puzzles.

Also, do you think we need a faster internet connection for the final puzzles, Shnoodles? Maybe we should all take a trip to the library on Friday?
Care for a little Nibs?
lee
No Pants Bean

The final challenge

Post by lee »

Hi Mini-Nibs

In the movie..."apple" is the answer to the cryptex. Did you get it open yet?

What news of the puzzle?!?!
Shnoodles

Oh nos!

Post by Shnoodles »

I just woke up - and looked at the clock and it is Monday! That means we are too late for the Da Vinci Shnoode Challenge. All the other bears are sleeping too. What a disaster!

I guess I should have appointed someone to be in charge of setting the alarm, huh Lee?

Also we probably shouldn't of eaten that big turkey dinner on Saturday...
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Funny

Post by Shnoodles »

Heh heh, here's a funny tidbit about the book - the Da Vinci Shnoode:
One of the great ironies of Dan Brown's book is that it assaults you with its greatest piece of idiocy before you've even picked it up. The man's name is Leonardo, please. "da Vinci" (note the lower-case "d"), is NOT his family name, it's his hometown. He was born in Vinci, Italy, in 1452, in a time before Europeans had started surnaming themselves. Brown's error is on par with writing a book on the life of Christ called The Of Nazareth Shnoode, or assuming St. Joan was the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. "Of Arc." It's amazing that anyone could take seriously the historical claims of a work whose title screams out, "penned by an historical ignoramus!"
I guess you could call me Shnoodles of Bear Street!

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbc ... =ANSWERMAN
In the SHNOOD!
PB
No Doubt Moses Bean

I hereby dub thee

Post by PB »

Shnoodles, you wish you were "Shnoodles of Bear Street"

but really you're

"Shnoodles of West Pine"

Bummer.

Although that does sound pretty cool...
Shnoodles

Of Golden Pond

Post by Shnoodles »

Hmmm, good point PB. That would mean that you are 'PB of Golden.' Pretty funny! Maybe you should move next to the Yellow River, or perhaps one of its tributaries, say ... the Wei River!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huang_He
In the SHNOOD!
Duddles
King of the World Bean

Hairy Schlopper

Post by Duddles »

Hoo hoo.

I just realized that Sneeches is now Sneeches of Golden... ie - the Golden Sneech! Hoo hoo hoo hoo.
Where's Petri?