Global Warming

Nibs answers any questions you have about that infamous bear named Schlop.
Shnoodles
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Global Warming

Post by Shnoodles »

We all know Lee holds some radical beliefs with regards to evolution (didn't happen) and heliocentricity (puh-lease!), but she also believes firmly that global warming isn't happening. In fact Lee believes that it is just a conspiracy by anarchist environmentalists who want to shut down industry in America. Well, I usually agree with Lee on most everything - but after reading this article on cnn.com now I am not so sure on the global warming. Okay, I didn't read the whole thing - I just looked at the pictures. But can you guys honestly look at this picture and tell me global warming isn't happening? C'mon guys, think about those poor bears!

Last edited by Shnoodles on Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the SHNOOD!
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

Oh dear

Post by Muffins »

Shnoodles - I just read that article and it is very scary! Listen to this blurb:
And with sea ice vanishing, polar bears are starting to turn up drowned. "There will be no polar ice by 2060," says Larry Schweiger, president of the National Wildlife Federation. "Somewhere along that path, the polar bear drops out."
Oh my gosh! What are we going to do? Snowy, what do you make of all this?
"You have no life... Writing about Smurfs... GO EAT A MUFFIN OR SOMETHING!"
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Chat transcript

Post by Snuffles »

This sounds very serious indeed - and troubling. I just had a chat with some friends about this very issue:

Image Hey guys have you heard about this global warming?

Image What? What's that?

Image It's how the ice caps are melting and the Earth is going to be in danger!

Image lol :)

Image Near my home there used to be a beautiful ice lake, but then it was gone.

Image Did the lake dry up?

Image No it just wasn't there anymore. Nothing was there anymore. Not even a dried up lake.

Image A hole?

Image No, a hole would be something. Nah, it was nothing. And it got bigger and bigger. First there was no lake anymore and then finally, no rocks.

Image Hah! If he keeps stuffing his face like that, soon there won't be any rocks left here either!

Image rofl !!

Image Nighthob, this could be serious! Rockbiter, what you have told us is also occurring where I live in the east ! A strange sort of Nothing is destroying everything.

Image Yes, we Nighthobs live in the south. And it's there too.

Image :(

Image Maybe it's already everywhere...

Image Hsssss!

Image Maybe our whole land is in danger. What can we do?

Image My people are sending me to the Ivory Tower, to the Empress for help in convincing George Bush to join the Kyoto treaty.

Image We are on the same mission. After all, if the Empress can't save us, who could?

Image Ooooh - I bet Lee could help! I will go post this on Schlop's site and see what she says!

Image ...

Image You know Schlop don't you? He lives in the west and says 'Moops' a lot.

Image Moops? lol! :)

Image Right, what are we waiting for? We've got to get to the ivory tower! I'll take my racing snail!

Image Right, the racing snail. I got it, he's fast, okay? I believe you now!

Image Moops!

Image And nobody gives a hoot about me and my stupid bat. Ok see ya later guys!

Image Bye guys.

Image Maybe I'll take a few yummy gourmet rocks for the road...
Last edited by Snuffles on Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Thong-the-thong-thong-thong"
- the Thong Song
Shnoodles

Keep it cool

Post by Shnoodles »

Good post, Snuffs. It will be interesting to hear what Lee has to say. But I'm not going to sit around waiting - I am going on the offensive against this threat to polar bears everywhere! I am going to start posting more information about global warming, and hopefully other bears will post stuff too. I'm sure if we put all our minds together we can find a solution to save all those poor bears who are on thin ice.

Here is a link to a 60 minutes piece on how the government is censoring top climate scientists. It's pretty outrageous. I'm not sure what the administration has against polar bears but we will get to the bottom of it...

http://movies.crooksandliars.com/60-Global-Warming-.wmv

Also there is a special Time magazine issue about polar bears - I'm going to try to check it out at Schnucks this weekend, but if anyone else gets a look at it let me know.
In the SHNOOD!
Nibs

...umm....

Post by Nibs »

Wow, that's really informative and scary Shnoodles.

And Snuffles- that's a great post!! Schlop was so impressed.

....but....you see....

....did you.... have a question..... for Schlop?

oh gosh, gotta go....
Shnoodles

Question for Schlop

Post by Shnoodles »

Okay, I've got a question for Schlop. What does he think we should do about global warming?

Look I found this documentary video that shows what is happening to the polar bears that live in the Arctic. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rTnf9-E ... %20warming
In the SHNOOD!
Pawn
Almost Cool Enough to Talk to Schlop

Great POST!

Post by Pawn »

Hoo hoo hoo!

I love that song!!!

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha
Ho ho ho ho ho ho ho
Hey hey .....
lee
No Pants Bean

Impressive

Post by lee »

Shnoodles,

That was another really good post! Funny, insightful, educational, and about BEARS!!!

Way to go!
Nibs

excellent question

Post by Nibs »

Shnoodles, good question.

I asked Schlop what he thought about global warming. He is pretty concerned about it actually. He thinks it's a serious problem. Schlop's been wondering what people CAN do about the problem. Do you have any idea Shnoodles? Besides spreading awareness and buying less gas... what can someone like Schlop do?
Shnoodles

Bad news - bears in the red

Post by Shnoodles »

Looks like this global warming problem isn't going away, guys. I just read this article about how polar bears have been added to the red list! This sounds really bad and serious. Polar bears are now a vulnerable species, and it sounds like things are just going to get worse. We've got to stop this global warming before it is too late!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science/05 ... index.html
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Renegade glaciers on the attack!

Post by Shnoodles »

Here's a SNL skit where Al Gore talks about what it would have been like if he had been elected president. Pretty funny stuff!

'American tourists can't even go over to Europe anymore without getting hugged.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHM7iyjMAnw&search=snl
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Al Gore will save us!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey gang. I know we are all still concerned with global warming (it was 90 degrees yesterday - hot hot hot!) but it looks like we might be saved by Al Gore's new movie. Lee's arch-nemesis Ebert has weighed in and said the following:
He has been traveling the world for six years making speeches in which this message has evolved. But all of those speeches put together have not had the impact of this new documentary, directed by Davis Guggenheim, which is horrifying, enthralling and has the potential, I believe, to actually change public policy and begin a process which could save the earth.
Huzzah! Will you take me to see the movie Lee?

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbc ... /605280306
In the SHNOOD!
lee
No Pants Bean

Up up and away....

Post by lee »

Hey Shnoodles,

Sorry...this post has nothing to do with global warming.. unless maybe someone can use their super powers to stop it.... but I was curious... what type of superhero are you?

I was the Green Lantern.

http://www.seabreezecomputers.com/superhero/
Shnoodles

Ebert on the move!

Post by Shnoodles »

Lee's nemesis Ebert has released his full review of Al Gore's movie. I think he liked it!
In 39 years, I have never written these words in a movie review, but here they are: You owe it to yourself to see this film. If you do not, and you have grandchildren, you should explain to them why you decided not to.
http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbc ... S/60517002
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Oh dear

Post by Shnoodles »

I hope this doesn't happen to us...

:(
"This is not a Coca-Cola commercial," she said, referring to animated polar bears used in advertising for the soft drink giant. "This represents the brutal downside of global warming."
http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science/06 ... index.html
In the SHNOOD!