Sports

Be it board, computer or outdoors....
Games help distract from doing chores
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Lee is Snuper

Post by Snuffles »

The forest bears and the flannel bears got to chat while we streamed the Snuper Bowl!

Unfortunately it wasn't a very exciting game - but it was impressive how Lee predicted exactly what was going to happen! She knew Tompa Bay would win, and at halftime she even predicted that KC would be demoralized by an interception - and then that exact thing happened. Wow!

Lee might very well have a mutant power of predicting what will happen in the future... cool!

Lee not only predicted Tompa Bay would win, she also dominated the prop bet wagers by a score of 18-15.

Congrats to Lee!
"Thong-the-thong-thong-thong"
- the Thong Song
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Tom is gone?

Post by Snuffles »

I can't believe that Tom Brady is actually retiring!

It seemed like every year the bears would gather to watch a Snuper Bowl and chances are Tom would be playing in it. In fact he appeared in 10 Snuper Bowls.

It just won't be the same without Tom on Snuper Sunday. Maybe he will come out of retirement to play in it next year?
- the Thong Song
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Snuper Sunday

Post by Snuffles »

All the bears are gathered on the couch of many blankets to watch this year's Snuper Bowl!

Lee is going to cook a very special Blue Apron for us... yeah!
- the Thong Song
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Runner Up

Post by Nibs »

We only have one thread for ALL OF SPORTS?!!!!??

Curioser and curioser.

Anysneech, I just wanted to log for posterity that I had a great lead in the March Madness pool this year thanks to my one true Villanova, but then they got bamboozled by Kansas in the semi-finals so Mom snuck in with the victory.

All in all, I was pleased with my bracket.

Villanova Forever and ever and ever ...eh...eh...eh.......
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

DJ likes Dubs

Post by DJ »

The Golden State Dubs are in the NBA finals which is very exciting because Lee lives in the Golden State. I heard there are some haters who think it is unfair the Dubs are so good - but to them I say you should respect the skill of Steph and enjoy watching a true master of his craft. It would be like someone complaining about my pancakes because they are too perfect and make other pancakes look like cow patties!

I look forward to the Dubs bringing home another championship. Go Dubs!
Zupancakes
Rafiki
Prolific Bean

Indubiably

Post by Rafiki »

I do declare, I had not been paying close attention to the goings-on of the Warriors of late - so seeing a post by a young Mr. DJ was quite shocking to say the least. Who knew that my last pep talk would so rejuvenate the team and catapult them into the finals?

Watching the Warriors bring home another trophy would do this old monkey proud! (I am a monkey, right?)
Bunny Spotter of the First Order
Rafiki
Prolific Bean

Steph-tacular!

Post by Rafiki »

Huzzah Huzzah - or as you strange bears say, Fuzzah!

The Warriors have claimed another championship and young cub Steph has now truly become the King of basketball, being so rightly crowned the MVP of the Finals.

I hear that Duddles (the old scoundrel) somehow finagled multiple wagers on the series and has now won both a McFlurry and a Sloopys, whatever that strange word means!

As for me, I shall now return to the Ancestral Wakandan Savanna only to return to the realm of the bears when I hear rumblings of another Warriors' championship. Hear hear!
Bunny Spotter of the First Order
Shnoodles

mild World Cup fever

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you soccer hoo hoo-ligans,

Did you guys know the World Cup has started? There seems to be less excitement about it this time, maybe because it is being held in Qatar which is a lot like the desert planet Arrakis.

Anyshnood, today team USA is playing a pivotal match against Iran - USA has to win to advance to the next stage. I have a feeling team USA is going to pull it off - I am predicting Christian Pulisic will score the winning goal in the 73rd minute - mark my words!

Go USA!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

USA USA!

Post by Shnoodles »

Team USA pulled out the victory - and it was thanks to a goal from Christian Pulisic just like I predicted!

Although it was in the 38th minute and not the 73rd minute - I guess I need to adjust the clock on my crystal ball.

Christian scored the goal but in the process took a knee to the groin - hopefully he will be able to recover for the next game.
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

USA ousted

Post by Shnoodles »

Sad news - team USA lost to the Netherlands by a score of 3-1 so they are now eliminated from the World Cup.

I think I will be rooting now for Australia since they are called the Socceroos which is a pretty funny word.

Hopefully team USA will do better in the next world cup since it will take place on our home turf (plus Mexico and Canada).
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Socceroos ousted

Post by Shnoodles »

The Socceroos were defeated yesterday by Argentina - so now I think I will be rooting for France because they have Mbappe who is the best player!

Also maybe Snuffles and Gulliver will root for France too since the team is known as Les Bleus!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

World Cup Shnood '22

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you "in to touch" guys,

Yesterday 8 bears participated in an impromptu World Cup Shnood - with each bear picking the team they thought would win it all. (I didn't make a pick since I had to be the impartial overseer). Here is how the draft went down:

Schlop: Argentina
Muffins: France
Nibs: Netherlands
Peaches: Portugal
Sneeches: Brazil
Gulliver: England
Duddles: Croatia
DJ: Morocco

This morning Duddles beat Sneeches in a big upset, and now Schlop and Nibs are facing off!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Semifinal update

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you gaffer guys,

The semifinals are now set - Schlop's Argentina team will take on Duddles' Croatia squad, while Muffins' French side will go up against DJ's Moroccans.

Will we get a rematch of France and Croatia like in the last World Cup finals, or can Messi finally win the big one for Argentina? Everything is on the line for these players, and now a McFlurry is on the line for these four remaining bears!
In the SHNOOD!
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

The Ultimate Showdown

Post by DJ »

It looks like I am up against my old nemesis Muffins - perhaps this matchup will for once and all settle the age-old debate of which breakfast treat is superior - the pancake or the muffin.

Go team pancake.
Zupancakes
Shnoodles

Schlop vs Muffins

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you golazo guys,

The finals are now set with Schlop and Argentina taking on Muffins and France this Sunday! (Interesting that the bears' top 2 picks ended up being in the finals!)

It should be an exciting match featuring Messi vs Mbappe! Messi is also playing in his final World Cup game so I'm sure it will be very emotional.

There is a lot on the line for both of these countries as well as for both these bears - good luck all!
In the SHNOOD!