Schlop Omens

A lot of exciting things happen each day and night on the telly. Finally, here's a place to discuss... without being censored.
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Schlop Omens

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

Schlop Omens is a book by Neil and his friend Terry. They were good friends and before Terry passed Neil promised he would make sure their book would become a good TV show.

Neil spent many years writing the script and being the show runner and he had to spend a lot of time away from Ash. But it was all worth it in the end because now there is a 6-part show that Lee and I are going to watch on Amazon.

We are going to watch 1 episode a week and discuss it.
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Crepes

Post by DJ »

I overheard someone talking about crepes yesterday and it turns out it was from this show that Gulliver was watching.

Gulliver please inform me of all shows pertaining to pancake matters in the future.
Zupancakes
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Schlop Omens II

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

They are going to make a second season of Schlop Omens. Neil says Terry and him had discussed what would happen next but they never got around to writing it, so now they will get to tell that story in a new season.

https://journal.neilgaiman.com/2021/06/ ... s.html?m=1

Lee and I watched the first season together so I hope we will get to watch the second one together as well.
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Schlop is fussy

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

Schlop Omens II will be released all at once on July 28th.
the second season “will explore storylines that go beyond the original source material to illuminate the uncanny friendship between Aziraphale (Michael Sheen), a fussy angel and rare book dealer, and the fast-living demon Crowley (David Tennant). Having been on Earth since The Beginning and with the Apocalypse thwarted, Aziraphale and Crowley are getting back to easy living amongst mortals in London’s Soho when an unexpected messenger presents a surprising mystery.”

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

We watched Schlop Omens II

Post by Gulliver »

Hi. Lee and I watched Schlop Opens II.

Gabriel the Archangel turned up in the shnood at Aziraphale's bookshop and had lost his memory. The angels and the demons both wanted to get Gabriel. There was a subplot about Aziraphale and Crowley trying to figure out the mystery of a jukebox that only played a Buddy Holly song, and also them trying to get a barista and shop keeper to fall in love. Also there were flashbacks to Aziraphale and Crowley's past like when they saved Job's children and when they met a grave robber. In the end it turned out Gabriel had fallen in love with Beelzebub and had put his memories inside a fly in a matchbox to avoid being memory wiped. Then the Metatron asked Aziraphale to replace Gabriel, and much to Crowley's surprise he accepted the job. It was quite a sad ending but hopefully in the next season Crowley and Aziraphale will get to be together again.

I liked the character Muriel who impersonated a policewoman named Inspector Constable and had a funny way to hold a cup of tea. There were also lots of funny Crowley scenes, like when he tried to impersonate an angel after sneaking into heaven.

There is also a theory floating around that the Metatron drugged Aziraphale's coffee which made him accept the job offer. We will have to see if that is true in the next season.