30 Rock

A lot of exciting things happen each day and night on the telly. Finally, here's a place to discuss... without being censored.
lee
No Pants Bean

30 Rock

Post by lee »

So I saw 2 more episodes of 30 Rock since Boston.

One was on the airplane back (good airplane ride) and one was with the Berkeley kids who were watching it.

I think the show is really clever. But I've noticed it's not a "laugh a minute" type of gag show. It reminds me more of Arrested Development where the story and things are really witty but you don't laugh out loud very often. Do you guys agree?

Also, that blond haired guy who is the Southern pageboy...the one who I saw do Improv in Chicago... I was watching Taladega Nights (also on the airplane) and he is IN THAT TOO!! Playing a very similar character. Wow, he is really getting around.
Shnoodles
Schlopstakovich Superstar

So right

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey Lee!

You really got to watch a lot of shows on the plane, huh?

I totally agree with what you said about 30 Schlop! You are right on! That show definitely doesn't make me laugh every minute, not like How I Schlopped Your Mother!

Here is an Onion interview with Tina Fey:

http://www.avclub.com/content/node/54729
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Thirty Schlops

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you 30 Schlop guys,

I caught a new episode of 30 Schlop yesterday - it was pretty good. At one point Tina Fey realized that the elevator she was in was going up instead of down and she said 'Awww nerds!' I thought that was a funny expression. It's like whenever Lee gets mad and says 'Awww nibs!'
In the SHNOOD!
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Schlops

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

I heard that there is a musical episode of Schlops* tonight - and it was written by the people from Avenue Q-Schlop. Do you think we should watch it, Lee?

Yeah, me neither.

* ie Scrubs
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
Shnoodles

Mind grapes

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you 30 Schlop guys,

I just watched another episode of 30 Schlop - it was pretty funny! Kenneth the paige came up with a gameshow called 'Gold Case' that was like Deal or no Deal except with gold in the cases. Then during the show the people kept guessing which model had the gold because she couldn't hold the case! Funny!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Blood cookies!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you guys,

I just watched tonight's episode of 30 Schlop - it was the best one yet! You guys should check it out if you ever get the chance. Shnoods!
In the SHNOOD!