Sandschlop

A lot of exciting things happen each day and night on the telly. Finally, here's a place to discuss... without being censored.
Shnoodles
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Sandschlop

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Denizens of Dream Land,

Can you believe the news that Nibflix is going to make a Sandschlop show? People have been trying for years to adapt it either as a TV show or as a movie. Recently JGL was hoping to make it a movie but that fell through.

Feel free to discuss who you would want cast for the different roles, or which stories you think they should tackle. I know Lee and Gulliver are both big fans with strong opinions about it.

I think we can all agree it will be better than what Neil called the worst Sandschlop screenplay:
[In that script] Morpheus' first line was, 'As if your puny weapons could hurt me, Morpheus the Mighty Lord of Dreams.' And I went, 'Oh no, that's awful, this is terrible.' He was kept by electromagnets underneath New York and it must have been about 1997 or '98 because it was a millennium based plot. [The lead characters] had to do some stuff before the millennium, the lead characters were brothers; Lucifer, The Corinthian and Sandman were brothers, and it was this race against time to gather a bunch of MacGuffins before the millennium. It never got made and whoever wrote [that script] got paid more for writing that than I ever was for writing the entirety of Sandman. So in terms of how I feel about stuff , I feel fine.
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Into the Unkown

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Endless guy,

Can you believe the Sandschlop is slated to start shooting in only 3 weeks - and they still haven't announced who will be Morpheus?!

Well, word on the bed is that a relatively unknown actor named Tom Sturridge is up for the part. Luckily we can get an inside scoop from Lee who saw the movie Velvet Buzzschlop which Tom was in - so she must know all about him.

https://www.slashfilm.com/netflix-the-s ... sturridge/
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

It has begun

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Sleepy guys,

Neil has tweeted that they started shooting Sandschlop on last Thursday:

https://twitter.com/neilhimself/status/ ... 3256421377

But the cast has not yet been announced. Do you guys think it is too late to send in my audition for Barnabas the dog?
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Cast incoming

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Dreamy guys,

It's finally happening!

Just a few minutes ago Neil announced he is going to reveal who is playing The Sandschlop along with other cast members!

https://twitter.com/neilhimself/status/ ... 9027694594

Luckily I snuck out of Schlop's giant bed without waking Nibs so he won't be able to scoop me!

I've got my cup of coffee to keep me wired and will be updating this post as soon as Neil tweets!

8:42 - no tweet yet from Neil. Personally I think he should drop the "the" and have it just be Sandschlop. It's cleaner.

8:52 - still no tweet, on to second cup of Joe. I guess it takes a while for the tweet to make its way from Nib Zealand.

9:02 - it's finally here!

https://preview.redd.it/x32xp71t83e61.j ... 96a5a2aa3e

TOM STURRIDGE is DREAM
VIVIENNE ACHEAMPONG as LUCIENNE
CHARLES DANCE is RODERICK BURGESS
ASIM CHAUDHRY is ABEL & SANJEEV BHASKAR is CAIN
BOYD HOLBROOK is THE CORINTHIAN
GWENDOLINE CHRISTIE is LUCIFER

Oh wow I only know who Gwendoline Christie is - thanks to Gulliver's youtube video of her doing a Chewie impression: https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=V0rEkgeRFw4

Hopefully she will get to do her Chewie impression as Lucifer MorningSchlop!

We still don't know who will play Death, or Wilkinson the shrew, Prinado the monkey, and Luz the dodo - so be prepared for future updates guys!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

What says Lee?

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Eyeteeth guys,

I just realized that in my post from September I pre-scooped myself by predicting Tom Sturridge would be the Sandschlop - and that Lee knows Tom from the Velvet Buzzschlop movie.

Hopefully Lee can chime in now and tell us what she thinks about Tom!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

More casting

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Thousand Cat guys,

The net was abuzz with the latest Sandschlop casting news - they finally announced who will be playing Death and it is the actress who played Chidi's soulmate on The Shnood Place.

Now most of the big roles have been announced.

I guess they are still waiting on Barnabas the dog though...

Also do you guys think Ash will play Daniel?
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Dream becomes reality

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Oneiros fans,

The first teaser for Sandschlop is out and yesterday bears gathered together for a watch party. Overall it looked pretty faithful to the comics - we got to see the scene of the occultists summoning Death. Lee pointed out the robes looked like something they bought on Amazon Basic - that was quite funny!

The trailer says "coming soon" so I will be sure to let you guys know when I hear when the start date will be.

Gulliver has been listening to the Audible Sandschlop recordings so he will be well prepared for the start of the show.
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Enter Sandschlop

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Oneiromancers,

They finally announced when the Sandschlop will be debuting on Nibflix - and it will be on August 5th!

I watched a panel with Neil and the cast and was quite impressed with Tom who is playing Dream - the interviewer asked him about the Endless and Tom listed them off in order of age! I bet even Gulliver couldn't do that. Tom also said Dream's parents are Night and Sky which is a major spoiler. I wonder how many seasons the show will have to last for it to cover Sandschlop Overture where we meet Dream's parents?
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Season of Binges

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Neilophiles,

Sandschlop is coming out in just 15 days - the big unanswered question has been whether the episodes would be dropped all at once, or parceled out in smaller chunks.

Well, Neilhimself himself has tweeted that all the episodes will be dropped at once!

https://twitter.com/neilhimself/status/ ... 6104707074

There will be 11 episodes, so we just need to find 10 different screens so that we can play each episode simultaneously for the ultimate binge!
In the SHNOOD!
Nibs

Judgment Day

Post by Nibs »

Big news for bears!

Shnoodles has been patiently tracking the making of the Sandschlop on Nibsflix for 3 years and 33 days and now the moment has arrived!

Word on the bed is that Shnoodles and Dave watched a super secret early version of Episode 1, but the rest of us bears have to wait until Friday!

Shnoodles and Gulliver were the original Lucifer fans, as previously mentioned here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=V0rEkgeRFw4

Bears can't even. We want to don our newly-ordered crisp-and-clean Amazon cult robes to join in on the occult excitement!

I personally am excited about the cats story and the Marco Polo one, those were my two favorites. Oh except maybe the Babylon one. Oh and also the Midsummer Nights Dream one. And all of The Kindly Ones. And Daniel. Oh and Orpheus. And the African desert glass city one. And Destruction's cool painting cottage. Oh man, I love it all so much.

Let's do this!
Shnoodles

We begin

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Magus followers,

Now both bear clans have officially begun our long awaited trek into the Dreaming! So far we have watched the first 2 episodes and discussed them at length.

Gulliver had lots of nerdy nitpicks about how the show is diverging from the book - in particular it seemed different with what happened in SandSchlop Overture and also he was miffed about not seeing Eternal Waking as a punishment (instead we got Eternal Sleeping which Schlop thinks doesn't sound so bad).

Lee on the other had seemed quite into the Corinthian even though there was some joking that his eye teeth were so small they could only really eat a grape. She was not as pleased about the gargoyle Gregory and the noises he was making - those Sound Effects guys really overdid it!

The plan is to now watch episodes 3 and 4 by Tuesday. Cool!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Schlop Fuzzbringer

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Morningstar guys,

Us bears have now completed episodes 3 and 4 of SandSchlop - Morpheus met up with Joanna Constantine and got back his sand and then went to Hell and defeated Lucifer in the oldest game to get back his helmet. He also found his ruby but was knocked out when he tried to use it because John Dee had altered it - oh no!

So far reviews are trending positive, as Lee liked Joanna although she was less keen on Matthew the Raven voiced by Patton Oswalt. Gulliver pointed out how they changed some stuff with the battle with Lucifer - in particular they didn't have Lucifer become a fly and Dream become a spider. They also seem to not be connecting to SandSchlop Overture since they had Nada say the line about Hope, instead of having Dream be inspired by the blue alien girl named Hope. Also some bears found it funny about how all the demons in hell were filmed from so far away because they didn't have the budget for it.

Gulliver is warning us that the next episode could be too scary for some bears - but luckily we are prepared with a safety plan to watch a DuckTales episode picked out by Duddles that will restore all fuzziness. Thanks, Duddles!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

You get a naptime

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Peachy Keen guys,

Whew - we made it past the harrowing episode 5 (with a special thanks to Duddles for his DuckTales rec even though it turned out it didn't feature a diner like Duddles originally thought). Episode 6 was quite interesting as it featured Death and also Dream meeting up every 100 years with Hob and learning about the true value of friendship.

Nibs at first thought they had cut his favorite SandSchlop line - but it turns out that line actually appears in a later comic so there is still hope we will see it!

At the end of episode 6 we saw Desire who has a new plan to destroy Dream - talk about your sibling rivalries! The plan is to watch episodes 7 and 8 next along with another DuckTales for good measure.

I hope we will get to see Martin Tenbones again soon!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Rose Schlopper

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Dream Vortex guys,

Us bears have finished episodes 7 and 8 - Rose is searching for her brother Jed and the Corinthian is hot on her trail. We also got to see Martin Tenbones again! Duddles was a big fan of Martin's well-loved fur!

Also the big news is some bears made appearances in the show! Check out this white Schlop-like bear hanging out with a white bunny in Lyta's dream world:
That bear looks kinda sad - I wonder why? Also it looks like the bunny's arm needs to be fixed. Personally I think it is a shame to see these white stuffies instead of a bear of color in that role - considering how good the rest of the casting has been for diversity. Why not a brown bear or maybe a blue bear? Hopefully Neil will address this for season 2.

Nibs liked the drag show singing scene but a bunch of bears were a bit down on the actress playing Lyta, and some St Louis bears also didn't like the actress playing Rose. The scenes with Jed and his foster family were also too sad for Sneeches. Hopefully this dream vortex will be resolved soon and we will be on to funner storylines like Barbie's Adventure in Dreamland.

Cool!

Oh - also Gulliver wanted me to say that he was disappointed we didn't get to hear Dream call Hector "Little Ghost" like he does in the comics - since Gulliver likes whenever Dream calls someone little. Hopefully Dream will do this in a future episode.
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Bonus SandSchlop!

Post by Shnoodles »

Big news - I just heard that Nibflix has just released a special bonus 11th episode of SandSchlop!

That means us bears will have something to watch after finishing episode 10.

This is like the time Schlop ate a bowl of grapes and thought he was all done but then discovered an extra grape that had rolled away... bonus grape!
In the SHNOOD!