New Movies Lee sees

This category is all about MOVIES! Rumors, celebrity gossip, recent sightings, Oscar hopefuls- let it all spill out here.
Shnoodles
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Scary movies

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey Lee - are you gonna see the new David 'Sneech Club' Fincher movie out called Zodiac? It looks scary. Maybe you should see a non-scary movie first since you just saw Schlop's Labyrinth.

Shnoods.
In the SHNOOD!
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

300 Schlops

Post by Muffins »

Lee should go see 300 Schlops. It looks really exciting.

Can you guys imagine 300 Schlops? That's a lot of Schlops...
"You have no life... Writing about Smurfs... GO EAT A MUFFIN OR SOMETHING!"
lee
No Pants Bean

Schlops a lot of Schlops

Post by lee »

Yeah Muffins, I'm really looking forward to 300 Schlops. It maybe a lot of Schlops- but can they defeat the enemies of Schlopta? I'm not so sure.

Hey I was just surfing IMDB and realized you can IMDB composers so I was looking at what my favorite composers have in the works and I found that they're making a movie called The Sixth Element!! But instead of a campy sequel it looks like a mocking spoof:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0380714/

What do you think?
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

Schlop Elfs

Post by Muffins »

I went to that page you told me to Lee! I saw someone there had posted about how it's a lot of Elfmans, just like we are always talking about how much Schlops there are.

So...

Can I go see 300 Schlops with you?
lee
No Pants Bean

dj = ewok?

Post by lee »

Hey Muffins

Sure, we're going to the 4:10 showing on Saturday of 300 Schlops. The Loews Metreon... see you there?

Meanwhile, tonight on tv I watched Return of the Jedi (it just happened to be on) and I hadn't seen it since I was a kid. The Ewoks are so FUZZY!!!! They're like giant bears!!!! Wow!!! They waddle around and they make noises and they like FOOD!!! I wonder if DJ is an ewok?

lee
No Pants Bean

schlops on a plane

Post by lee »

Hey Muffins

I think Im going to see 300 Schlops today. I'll let you know how it is.

You know, I hear there are only actually 45 Schlops in the movie and the rest of the 300 were done with CGI!!!

HOO HOO HOO HOOO HOOOOO CGI SCHLOPS!!!

Just yankin yer tail, ol buddy, hoo hoo hoo.
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

Tail yanked

Post by Muffins »

Hey Lee,

That was funny! Yanking my tail...

Did you like 300? I just saw it too but I thought it was really boring. It could have used more food, don't you think?
lee
No Pants Bean

300 SCHLOPS

Post by lee »

Hey Muffs,

Yeah, agreed! 300 Schlops definitely needed more food. There was an apple and that was it. How did those Schlops stay alive out there? Where were their rations and all?

Yeah, I had my expectations really low for that movie. So I just enjoyed the cool visual stuff and that was about it. But yeah, pretty boring and all. Seems like so many other movies have done things better (Braveheart, Gladiator, etc).

But I did really enjoy the One Man Star Wars Show that I saw. I look forward to telling Dave about it the next time I talk to him. It was just one guy with no props reinacting all the movies- kind of like Whose Line Is It Anyway- type style. And he said the "power convertors" line and the whole audience cheered. It was pretty great.

Anyway, what's the next good movie to look forward to? I cant think of anything. Maybe Shrek III?
Shnoodles

So many

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Lee,

There are so many good movies coming up this summer! I am really looking forward to Neil Gaiman's Schlopdust and also the Assassination of Schlop by the Coward Nibs. There is also a Johnny Depp musical Schloppy Todd, and a movie called Ratatouille. Here are some other good movies to watch out for:

http://www.avclub.com/content/blog/a_gr ... the_making

The people in the comments seem to be buzzing about a movie called Hot Fuzz! Apparently it reference Point Break a lot. 'Duddles, you're cold because all the cotton is rushing out of your body.' Heh.
In the SHNOOD!
Petri
Majestic Bean

One more

Post by Petri »

Lee, don't forget the Harry Schlopper movie. This one is called Harry Schlopper and the Odor of the Petris.
Duddles' deeds be done.
Shnoodles

Hot Fuzz

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you movie guys,

I just heard there is a new movie opening soon ... called Hot Fuzz! I wonder what it's about?

Want to go see it together Lee?
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Funny movie previews!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you movie guys,

Is everybody excited for all the upcoming summer movies? I know I am! Here is a funny movie preview from the AV club:

http://www.avclub.com/content/node/61291/1
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Schlop Fuzz!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Fuzz guys,

Neil Gaiman just saw Hot Fuzz... by himself! He said he liked it. Are you gonna go see it Lee?
I just went to the movies by myself for, I think, the first time in my life (if you don't count the years I spent in the 80s as a film critic), to see Hot Fuzz. (Nobody else wanted to go but me.) Which I loved, didn't think was too long, and wish it wasn't only showing in one small cinema in a 50 mile radius of my house. The delight in making it came through all the way.
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

No Fuzz...

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Fuzz guys,

So nobody saw Hot Fuzz huh? Oh well, I guess we can just go see the next movie with Fuzz in the title that comes out. I'm sure that will be pretty soon.
In the SHNOOD!
lee
No Pants Bean

hold the phone

Post by lee »

WAIT!!!!

Shnoodles- I saw Hot Fuzz on Sunday night!!!

IT WAS GREAT!!!! ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES IVE EVER SEEN!!!!

We really should've seen it together. I really loved it. I couldn't believe it- so much better than it looked from the preview- wow!!!

Great recommendation, Shnoods.