New Movies Lee sees

This category is all about MOVIES! Rumors, celebrity gossip, recent sightings, Oscar hopefuls- let it all spill out here.
lee
No Pants Bean

hooray!!

Post by lee »

I could see why Neil Gaiman liked it- it was definitely his style of humor!!
Shnoodles
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Schlop Fuzz

Post by Shnoodles »

Wow, you saw Hot Fuzz! Cool!

What are you going to see next, Lee? This Thursday is the next Pirates of the Schlopabean movie... and Schlop the Third is already out. Then comes Harry Schlopper.

So exciting!
In the SHNOOD!
lee
No Pants Bean

Depp Dud

Post by lee »

Hi Shnoodles

Well I saw PoC3 today and what a disappointment. Man... I'm pretty sure this movie was made up of the scenes that got cut from the last 2 movies. The plot didnt make any sense, every character had a different motive and it was so pointlessly confusing I didnt even try to follow it. Also, Gods and supernatural creatures were involved, which makes me care even less. I thought they made Johnny Depp act more like his annoying Willy Wonka character, rather than the Jack Sparrow character.

There was only one good part to the movie and that was Johnny Depp saying "your Nibs" to one of the Kings. Nibs!! NIBS!! Cool.

I didnt stay for after the end credits because I couldnt bear to be in the theater any longer. Also, the kid next to me was bouncing in his chair and it was freaking me out.

Anysneech... zero paws. Maybe two negative paws?

"Enough to give pause to anyone with paws." :)
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Bouncing in the chair

Post by DJ »

Oh man... Snuffles used to bounce in the bed all the time. It drove me NUTS. Then we got one of those new mattresses with foam padding. It conforms to my body type and now Snuffles can bounce all he wants.
Zupancakes
Shnoodles

Sounds like a real turd!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey Lee, I will definitely cross that movie off my list since you said it was so bad! Thanks for seeing it so we don't have to. At least Nibs got a shout out though... that's cool.

So what's next? Some of the bears here are pretty interested in Michael Moore's new movie... Schlopo! Muffins can relate because he had an experience where he hurt his nose and he didn't have any health care.
In the SHNOOD!
lee
No Pants Bean

Rentals

Post by lee »

Hi Shnoodles

I know you always like to stay up on the movies I see.

Over the weekend, I watched Shawn of the Dead. I thought it was ok. It wasn't early as good as Hot Fuzz though. It was hard to understand them and reminded me a lot of Anansi Boys (at least the part I read of it)- in the way the protagonist was. It's kind of like if Neil Gaiman had made a movie.

Anysneech, I also watched Ghostbusters 2. I always thought the line we quote was "Can I get a rain check?" but it was closer to "I will give you a rain check" There were some funny jokes that were over my head as a kid that I was surprised to see in there.

Anypeach, I still want to see Shrek the Third. Otherwise, that's the latest on the movie front.
Shnoodles

Anyshnood

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey Lee!

Thanks for the update! I had Gulliver order a copy of Schlop of the Dead from Schloply's Library... then we can watch it just like you!
In the SHNOOD!
lee
No Pants Bean

hullo

Post by lee »

Shnoodles!!!

Hi there.

I saw Schlop the Third last night. It was pretty good. Lots of high school jokes and today's kid slang. There were a few surreal dream sequences, which I think kind of are boring, but other than that- pretty awesome. Seems like the animation gets better every time too so that's cool.

Two paws. But if you didn't like Schlop the Second... then don't bother watching this one.

What should I see next?
Shnoodles

Cool!!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey Lee - that's awesome you saw Schlop the Third! You've really been hanging out at the movies a lot... cool!

Maybe you could check out the new Harry Schlopper movie... and Live Free or Schlop Hard!
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

ThunderSchlops, Ho!

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you movie guys,

I just heard that they are now going to make a movie of ThunderSchlops! Is there any cartoon from the 80's that they haven't turned into a movie?
In the SHNOOD!
lee
No Pants Bean

Schlop Soft

Post by lee »

Hey Shnoodles

I saw Live Free or Schlop Soft the other day.

I went in with really low expectations. Then I was impressed because oh cool the plot is about hackers who take advantage of all the Homeland Security strange new laws and are able to take over lots of transportation systems and put cities into gridlock and mess everything up. That's a really fun premise. Everyone thought it was terrorists, but it wasn't.

But then the movie itself was pretty small in scope. There was so much more they could've done. There were some pretty cool special effects, but it left me wanting more.

And the portrayal of Kevin Smith as the uber-nerd "warlock" was AWFUL. A million movies have done it already, why did they do it so BAD?

Anysneech, definitely not worth all the hype, but ok. But probably not worth mininibsflixing.
Shnoodles

Schlop Soft with a Vengeance!

Post by Shnoodles »

Cool, Lee! I just told mininibs not to order that movie, just like you said.

What are you gonna see next? Schlopatooee???
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

More than meets the Schlop

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Lee,

Now that Schlopatooee is over, what are you gonna see next? How about Schlopformers?

'It's a Schlop - that turns into a pillow!'
In the SHNOOD!
lee
No Pants Bean

dont squish schlop

Post by lee »

"Schlop's not a pillow!!!"

"No using Schlop as a pillow"

:)
lee
No Pants Bean

WOW

Post by lee »

Oh man! I was like halfway though my epic review and it just got deleted… arg, writing it again…

Hi Shnoodles. Sorry I had to move the HP5 thread down here, Nibs was getting on my case about it.

OH MY GOD!!! HARRY POTTER 5 WAS AMAZING!!!!!

Where to begin? I mean I never really liked any of the previous Harry Potter movies. They were ok and there were some good special effects, but I never really felt like they had good pacing or “took me away” or did anything much other than follow the story with an occasionally cool effect here and there. So when I say this film was great, I don’t mean “as a Harry Potter film,” but I mean this is actually a great piece of cinema!

Someone put some serious thought into this film. Someone really thought through the book and decided what scenes were important, what scenes would play out well and be enhanced visually on film, what scenes would make good montages, etc. They took out all the parts of the book I hated (anything to do with Order of the Phoenix, house-elf stuff, Giant subplot, etc.) and just focused on really creating character depth and a good rhythm to the movie. Not to mention that they took Harry Potter, a character who was universally despised by all readers in Book 5 and somehow maybe him TOTALLY understandable and completely empathetic!!!

I remember thinking “Wow, this was by far the best scene in this movie” at least 7 times and then I lost count! It was so well done! Maybe it was just the right place at the right time for me, but I really got swept up in this movie and enjoyed it. There was a lot of psychological stuff they added with Harry trying to decide for himself if he’s becoming evil and they did a lot of cool stuff with the occulumency (sp?) things.

This movie did right in every way what the book did wrong. It’s like the way Wicked the Musical redeemed the book. It’s so cool to watch that and see them flesh out things JK Rowling was going for, but they took the time and effort and power of cinema to really make it happen.

The only scenes that were better in the book were the Weasley brothers big exit and the final battle. Those were both disappointingly short and simple in the movie. I was surprised the big final battle wasn’t more elaborate. But it was still pretty cool.

Yeah, overall I just keep thinking of so many ways that the movie tweaked the book and made it very cool! The Dumbledore's Army scenes were great, the way they created Umbridge and her mentality was impressive, Luna Lovegood was BETTER than in the book- so awesome, and all of the internal Harry Potter anger really came off much better than I could have imagined possible.

Sorry for the long diatribe… I know it’s not usual for our forums…. I’m just all psyched about how great this movie was! :)
Last edited by lee on Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.