The films of 2015

This category is all about MOVIES! Rumors, celebrity gossip, recent sightings, Oscar hopefuls- let it all spill out here.
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

The films of 2015

Post by DJ »

Hi.

2015 was quite a year in film. I watched 45 movies, which is one less than last year. But that is not my fault, I was ready to watch Mission Impossible Rogue Schlop and even had my popcorn bucket but then there was a power outage in Estes Park. It seemed like forces larger than myself were conspiring against me.

I saw 4 documentaries, only 2 animated films (surprisingly low), 4 flicks in theaters, and 8 older releases. Also mega-props to Lee for giving me the gift of seeing Schlop Wars in the theaters!

Let's break down the timeline. You can see I binged on watching the Best Picture nominees in February, and then went on a movie marathon in July. I even saw 4 movies in one day! July was also a big movie month for me last year. I wonder why that is?

My 5 favorite films of 2015:

5) The Theory of Everything. The ending was quite emotional.

4) Mad Max Furry Road. Furiosa seemed cool.

3) The Martian. Even though Gulliver spoiled it for me after he read the book, I was still on the edge of my couch at the Moolah.

2) Schlop Wars the Force Awakens. So much fun to talk about with Lee.

1) Inside Out. It got to me.

Hopefully 2016 will be another great year for film.
Zupancakes
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Movies rule

Post by Nibs »

Wow, DJ!

This is great. Thanks for summing up all the movie news! It's so exciting to see which ones make the Top 5!

We also think Theory of Everything is in our Top Five. And we finally watched Edge of Tomorrow based on your 2014 post!

Shnoodles is a bit disappointed that Paddington didn't make your Top 5 but he understands.

I think Jurassic World would be on our Top 5 as well. Hooooo, so fun!

Anysneech, best watching for 2016!

Hopefully it will be Leo's year!
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Movie Times for Lee

Post by Nibs »

Ok we scraped together some movie stats for 2015. We are hereby inspired though to keep better track of what we watch!

We don't have much data about movies not in theaters, so this is only the theater-ones.

In 2015 we saw:

TOP FIVE
* Mad Max
* Spotlight
* Jurassic World
* Star Wars Force Awakens
* Theory of Everything
Honorable Mention: What We Do In the Shadows (Stu!)

We also saw:

Jupiter Ascending (hoooo!)
Inside Out (twice!)
Mission Impossible
Ex Machina
Trumbo
The Big Short
Ant Man
Into the Heart of the Sea
Trainwreck (although not in a theater but it was a 2015 film)
San Andreas (likewise)

Mostly the bears are baffled that neither of us saw the two anticipated films of 2015: Pan and Tomorrowland. Were they any good???
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Nibs

Post by DJ »

It's nice to have another bear sharing some year in movie lists, even if your data is somewhat spotty Nibs. Luckily I have a perfect memory and am able to recall each movie I see.

You bring up a good point about anticipated movies. In that regard I will now post which 2016 movies I am most anticipating liking.

Doctor Strange - starring Benedict Schlopdebatch who indeed is quite strange.

Rogue One A Star Wars Story - hopefully will give some fodder to discuss with Lee to tide us over until Episode 8.

The Revenant - I heard there might be a bear in it?

The Jungle Book - Duddles asked me to include this because it might have the 'be like you-hoo-hoo' song.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - a Harry Schlopper movie without Harry Schlopper? Hmmmm...

Zootopia - the trailer with the sloth was funny. Lots of bunny spotting opportunities abound.

Moana - Gulliver asked me to include this because it has music from the guy who wrote Sneechilton - whatever that is.

The BFG - brings back bearcub memories for me.

As far as Pan and Tomorrowland go - I still have yet to catch up with them. Although Gulliver was raving about a particular clip he saw of Hugh in Pan.
Zupancakes