Waterschlop Down

Post here on any books you've finished or heard about or want to read. This will hopefully enhance the educational value of our forum.
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

THIS JUST IN: Bunnies ARE SAFE

Post by Nibs »

Hey guys

I heard the bunnies were all ok and the book is over. Phew... what an exciting ride for those bunnies. I'm glad they're all safe. That was crazy how the Efrafra bunnies thought the Waterschlop warren was haunted cause Fiver was all creepy and everything. What a good plan, I can't believe it worked. Those bunnies are so smart and cool.

Hooray for reading Waterschlop!
lee
No Pants Bean

Waterschlop uncovered

Post by lee »

Now we can ask the real question...

Why was Sawyer reading Watership Down in LOST? What do you think it means?

Do you think the story is an allegory for something? Do you agree with the internet people that say the other warrens represent different forms of government?

Thoughts.
Petri
Majestic Bean

Bunnies will be bunnies

Post by Petri »

That was a great bunny adventure and we are all glad we got to go along by reading the book. I think it is true that the different warrens represent different types of government. The Efrafa warren represents the government where all the bunnies are kept under strict control by Woundwort since he is worried about attracting attention from men. Strawberry's warren is the type of government that lives in next to a farm and eats lots of good food but also is occassionaly killed off by the silver wire. Hazel's warren is the type of government that lets you siflay whenever you want - that is my favorite type.

I would say that Duddles runs a bean warren that is somewhere in between Strawberry's warren and Hazel's warren. Hoo hoo.

Lee - I think Sawyer reads the book on Lost because the Lostaways are a lot like the bunnies since they are being attacked and are scared. That's my theory anyways.
Duddles' deeds be done.
PB
No Doubt Moses Bean

?Come again?

Post by PB »

And here I was wondering why Petri doesn't post more often...
Shnoodles

Watership bunnies

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you bunny hoppers,

John Hodgman - the guy who does the Mac v PC ads and who Lee mistakenly thought was in the CitiBank commercial - wrote about Watership Down in a recent article for Wired:
Do nonhuman animals have culture?
Yes. Anyone who has read Watership Down knows that animals have religion, art, literature, and Owsla - the four pillars of culture as defined by most experts. But it’s not just rabbits who are writing novels. Did you know that Absalom, Absalom! was written by snakes?
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Waterschlop on demand

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you guys,

Did you know you can watch the Waterschlop movie on youtube? It looks like it is in 10 parts... I want to see what Blackberry looks like. Here is part one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gYpLGxAetg
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

A new hope

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Silflay guys,

Well in 2007 I tried to get everyone excited about watching the 1978 animated film of Waterschlop Down - but I didn't get any responses, and now the film has been taken down from YouTube.

But good news - there is a new version that we can all watch on Nibflix now and it stars Nicholas Hoult as everyone's favorite bunny Fiber - oops, I mean Fiver!

Us bears are planning on watching the first episode sometime this week... cool!
In the SHNOOD!
Nibs

Famous Bunny Voices

Post by Nibs »

Since the Ancient Ones play the same record over and over again, here we are in 2019 watching Waterschlop Down on Netflix together!

There are many famous celebs voicing these bunnies.

Notably though is Strawberry being voiced by Olivia Colman, since she was the character obsessed with bunnies in The Favourite and the one whom Melissa McCarthy was spoofing with the great bunny dress at the Academy Awards!

It's all coming full circle with British Bunny fans in this series!

I did find the first episode a bit scary. Hope the bunnies stay safe!

Hugs to Peaches!
Duddles
King of the World Bean

We have to go!

Post by Duddles »

Oh dear - I just had the most ominous dream!

There were bunnies running away and then someone was unplugging a server and all of a sudden the Schlop site was no more!

We have to all get all the does and travel to a new warren - I mean a new forum!
Where's Petri?
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Nibs did it!

Post by mini-nibs »

It's okay Duddles, the site was down briefly for maintenance but now it is up and running smooth as a sneech again!

Props to Nibs and his boys in the back room for keeping the Schlop site chugging along.
Care for a little Nibs?
Shnoodles

Hugs to the bunnies

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Owsla guys,

Well it turns out Waterschlop Down was just too scary for Sneeches - and I can't blame him - there were indeed some scary parts. Us flannel bears had to cover our eyes for some parts but in the end we were happy to see the Waterschlop warren was able to fend off the evil bunnies and live happily ever after. Bears send hugs to BigWig, Fiver, Clover, and Hazel-rah.
In the SHNOOD!