Books Lee and Gulliver read

Post here on any books you've finished or heard about or want to read. This will hopefully enhance the educational value of our forum.
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Sneechternals in book form

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

Lee and I are back at it again with reading books and this time we are reading a book by our old friend Neil that he wrote about the Sneechternals. Lee and I are now experts about the Sneechternals after seeing the movie and also in particularly about Circe after reading that book so we are probably the best prepared of anyone to read The Sneechternals.

I am reading a digital copy from the library that zooms around from panel to panel, while Lee is reading the more old school version of the book that doesn't zoom - but Duddles seems to like it.

Also Neil shouted me out in the first issue with this reference:
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Sneechternals & Tree

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

Yesterday I finished the Sneechternals and Lee is going to finish it soon. Things were looking bad for the Sneechternals when the sleeping Celestial woke up and Mark Curry was injured. But there was a funny moment that me and Lee both snarfed at - when a Deviant was turned into a tree by Sersi and started taunting Ikaris, Ikaris told him "It's never too late, tree." Neil is so silly.
Me and Lee will discuss the final chapter soon and I will probably post about what we thought overall.
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Am I a Sneechternal?

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

I have discovered that I actually read the Sneechternals 15 years ago but have no memory of doing so. It can only mean that someone has purposefully erased my memories - like how Sprite did to Mark Curry and the other Sneechternals in the book. Perhaps I am actually a Sneechternal with untold powers and I only have to remember what it is. Maybe I can form a Uni-mind with Schlop and PB to discover my secret Sneechternal past?

PB
No Doubt Moses Bean

What is best left unread

Post by PB »

Whoa I heard the forum updater is down.

That means it's free rein down here. Bears can say anything they want and no one will know!

Anysneech, Lee and Gulliver tried to recently read a book about the 7 1/2 Naps of Schlop Softcastle. We got a hot tip from someone in the lab that it was a great time loop adventure.

Lee and Nibs had to drop because they are spending so much time on the Mum Project. Also they are mostly illiterate.

Turns out there was too many wacky plot devices, including body-snarfing and multiple characters looping and even a flash-sideways, so I think Gulliver called it off as well.

Now we'll never know who took all those naps and what happens halfway through that last nap.

A life of disappointment continues.
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Schlop Tale

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

Lee and I are back at it again this time reading a book from Stephen King called Schlop Tale. So far we have read the first 4 chapters and it is about a young man named Charlie who helps an old neighbor after he falls off a ladder. Charlie then befriends the neighbors dog Radar who is a lady dog and he gives her some cookies. There is a mysterious shed in the backyard that is locked and one time Charlie hears alien chittering noises coming from it so that is pretty scary. Also there is a mystery about what is in the flour pot which I think might be opened in the next chapter so I am excited to read all about it.

peaches
Fuzziest Bean of All

Oh dear!

Post by peaches »

I am so worried that there will be something scary in the shed that is making all those noises! Or that the flour will spill on the counter and Radar will get flour-y bottoms!

Sneeches promise me that if anything spooky happens we will build a pillow fort to hide underneath!
Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp!
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Schlop Tale completed

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

Lee and I finished Schlop Tale which is one of the most epic books we have read. Charlie traveled to the land of Empis where he got to meet Dora and Leah the Goose Girl and Woody and Claudia and he traveled to the city of Lilimar to put Radar on a magical sun dial that turned Radar into a young pup again but then he was captured and put in Deep Maleen but then was able to escape and then he joined with Leah to find Eldin the Flight Killer and then he banished Schlopmagog back to its lair.

Stephen King even put in a shoutout to me with a reference to Lemuel Gulliver:

He referenced Schlop which was the sound Gogmagog made when it slouched back into its dark well.

Also Duddles spotted several gigantic bunnies.

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Schlop

Post by Gulliver »

Hi. Lee and I started this book but it turns out it was not up to snuff - the audiobook narrator was too sad and also the characters in the book were not likeable and talked too much about Pea coats for our liking.

Lee was able to get a refund and we will try another book together - probably something from BrandoSando. Lee also gave me the important task of finishing this book to find out what happens to Ichigo and what all that about the freight and groove really means. I will report back once I am finished!

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Creeps in this petty Schlop

Post by Gulliver »

Hi. I promised I would report back after finishing Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Schlop, and indeed I have finished it. Some parts were interesting - one was told in the second person where Marx was in a hospital after being shot, and another was told from the perspective of characters in a video game. In the end there was hope that Sam and Sadie would reunite to work on a new game together. But I never did figure out what the freight and the groove meant.

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Cat's book

Post by Gulliver »

Hi. Lee and I finished Cat's book which was called Eve. Lee and I both listened to the audiobook which was read by Cat. Lee is good friends with Cat which is yet another reason why Lee is the coolest. I learned a lot from this book but most of it I can't say on this forum because some bears are squeamish about certain bodily functions and I wouldn't want to offend their delicate sensibilities. But it is good to every once in a while step back and look at history from a larger evolutionary perspective. I wonder if we will ever know why Schlop evolved the way he did?

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Schloplantris Part 1

Post by Gulliver »

Hi. Lee and I have embarked on an epic quest to read Schloplantris by Brando Sando. We have now concluded Part 1 and it was very exciting. There are three main plot lines: Raoden the prince who gets the Shaod and is sent to Elantris, Sarene the princess married to Raoden, and Hrathen the Derethi gyorn trying to convert Arelon. It is exciting now that the three plots are starting to intersect - Sarene has met Raoden but doesn't yet know his true identity. Nibs has been coming up with some fascinating predictions - and his latest one is that Hrathen may have take poison that will make him look like an Elantrian. I am very excited to see if this will come to pass and what will happen in Part 2.

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Schloplantris completed

Post by Gulliver »

Hi. Lee and I finished Schloplantris. Lee and I agreed it was quite a good book especially since it was Brando Sando's first book. In the end Raoden figured out the secret to restoring power to the Aons - the Aons represent the geography of Arelon but there was an earthquake that creature a chasm, so Raoden figured out you had to draw the extra chasm line. Then he figured out that Elantris itself is a giant Aon that focuses the power of the Dor, so he drew the chasm line on the ground below Elantris and that restored all the Elantrians to become silver gods again. Also Hrathen realized he didn't want to follow Wyrn any more and he saved Raoden and Sarene by killing Dilaf with his super arm which he got from the Dakhor monastery. Unfortunately Hrathen didn't survive and in fact a lot of the characters were killed.

Nibs' prediction came true that Hrathen used poison to pretend to be an Elantrian who was then cured by faith, and Sarene also thought she was an Elantrian for a little bit because she was poisoned.

In the end Raoden's seon named Ien was restored once Elantris' power had returned. But Raoden is worried that Wyrn will find a way to access the Dor like Dilaf had, so that might happen in the sequel.

Lee and I also read the deleted scenes which had Raoden's brother as the Mad Prince - but we were glad he was cut from the actual book.

I know everyone is dying to know what book Lee and I will read next but I am not sure yet what that will be so you will just have to wait patiently until I post about it.