The Hunger Schlops

Post here on any books you've finished or heard about or want to read. This will hopefully enhance the educational value of our forum.
PB
No Doubt Moses Bean

To-to-to-today junior!

Post by PB »

Let me get this straight, the movie comes out in 8 days and you haven't gotten to the part where the Hunger Games start... in a book called THE HUNGER GAMES?!

Maybe you should learn to read without having to follow along each word with your paws buddy.

PB out!
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Chapter Eleven

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

In Chapter Eleven the Hunger Games have started. Katniss almost tries to grab a bow and arrow but Peeta dissuades her. She also has a knife thrown at her but blocks it with a backpack. Her supplies are crackers, beef strips, iodine to purify water, sunglasses and a sleeping bag. She also eats some bark from a pine tree, but needs to find water.

At the end of the chapter it is revealed that Peeta has joined up with the Career tributes. How could he do that?
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Chapter Twelve

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

In Chapter Twelve Katniss gets to eat a rabbit that she caught with a snare. I bet Katniss would be a pretty good bunny spotter - maybe even better than Schlop.

This chapter made me very thirsty. Katniss is trying to find water but she gets very overheated. Eventually she finds a pond and gets to drink. Overall it made me appreciate how Lee is always prepared by placing glasses of water in strategic locations around every room.
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Chapter Thirteen

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

In Chapter Thirteen the Gamemakers have created a fire that attacks Katniss, along with fireballs that are the size of apples that are shot at her. She gets hit in the calf by a fireball, and then after recovering in a pond the Careers find her. Luckily she is able to climb up a tall tree so they can't get to her. Then at night she discovers Rue is in a neighboring tree. Rue is from District 11 and she is little... I would say about Nibs sized.
Last edited by Gulliver on Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Chapter Fourteen

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

In Chapter Fourteen Rue shows Katniss that there is a nest of wasps called tracker jackers in the tree. These wasps will track you down and bite you and the sting will either kill you or cause hallucinations. Katniss comes up with a plan to cut off the branch and cause the nest to fall on to the Careers that are below her. The wasps kill two of the Career girls but Katniss also gets stung three times. It causes swelling that is the size of an orange but green liquid oozes out of it - gross.

Katniss goes back to get the bow and arrow from the dead Career girl but starts to hallucinate. Luckily Peeta saves her life by telling her to run. I can't figure out what to make of Peeta.

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Chapter Fifteen

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

In Chapter Fifteen Katniss goes through hallucinations from the tracker jackers - maybe they could do something crazy during this part of the movie like use a fish-eye lens.

Katniss also wonders what Gale would think of Peeta saving her. Are you guys on team Gale or team Peeta?

Now that she has a bow and arrow, Katniss is able to kill a rabbit and bird called a groosling. Then Rue shows up and they decide to become allies. Katniss give Rue the groosling and medicine for burns while Rue shows Katniss how to mush up leaves to heal the tracker jacker bites. Rue also has an extra pair of socks that she puts on her hands at night. I bet Lee would stock up on socks too if she had to be in the games.

Rue reveals that Peeta is no longer with the Careers - seriously, what is Peeta up to?

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Chapter Sixteen

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

In Chapter Sixteen Rue and Katniss have breakfast. They eat raw eggs that Rue found along with a rabbit leg and some berries. Then Katniss gets the idea to destroy the stockpile of food that the Careers have. She discovers that they have land mines set up around the pyramid of supplies, and shoots open a bag of apples that then set off the surrounding mines.

Katniss is the coolest.

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Chapter Seventeen

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

In Chapter Seventeen Katniss gets knocked back by the explosion and she loses her hearing in her left ear. I once flew to visit Schlop and on the way back I also lost hearing in my left ear so Katniss and I have a lot in common.

Katniss hides in a copse that Rue told her about. A copse is a small group of trees. It seems like a good scrabble word too. Katniss tries to stay warm by covering herself in leaves and pine needles. She is totally tucked but not in a way Schlop would like.

The next day Katniss shoots two fish - one for Rue. But she can't find Rue. She goes looking for Rue and hears the mockingjays singing the song that means Rue is all right. But then... Katniss finds... Rue isn't all right... and sniff... sniff...

mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Bearnobyl

Post by mini-nibs »

Weird - Gulliver was recapping the Hunger games chapter by chapter, and then... nothing.

These forums feel like walking into an abandoned house where there is still food on the table but no one is there, like everyone had to leave in a hurry. I wonder what happened to make the bears leave the forum so suddenly?

They seem to be back now. What brought them back?

It's the mystery of the bears.
Care for a little Nibs?
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

edge of my pillow

Post by Nibs »

Totally agree MiniNibs!

What happened in Chapter Eighteen with Katniss????