Books Gulliver Reads

Post here on any books you've finished or heard about or want to read. This will hopefully enhance the educational value of our forum.
peaches
Fuzziest Bean of All

Hi!!!

Post by peaches »

I learned a lot about peaches from reading that book with Gulliver... did you guys know that peaches are originally from China? I wonder where sneeches originated from?

Hi SNEECHES!!! I miss you...
Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp!
lee
No Pants Bean

books

Post by lee »

Hey Gulliver!!!

(Happy Valentines Day)

That's cool you read so much. Why was Jimmy Corrigan so sad? Or is it too sad to post about on the boards?

That's cool you read the McSchloppys book. How was the LOTR segment? Did it mention PO-TA-TOES?

What are you reading next?

I miss you!!!
Sneeches
Legendary Bean

Chinese Peaches

Post by Sneeches »

Hi PEACHES

What... oh....gosh, wow... I mean, I never knew your FAMILY was from CHINA, PEACHES!!!

I'm totally ok with that.

Maybe we can go VISIT them sometime and see some of CHINA and I can meet your RELATIVES. Do you think they would LIKE me?? I know I can be a little LOUD sometimes but I would try to be quiet and nice and it'd be really neat to meet your RELATIVES and have some CHINESE FOOD and it'd be great to be with you, PEACHES.

I MISS YOU!!!
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Hi

Post by Gulliver »

Hi Lee.

Thanks for the post. Right now I have a bunch of stuff on order from the library. Petri said he is going to be reading 'Little, Big' soon so I might help him read that too.

What are you reading?
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Lots of schlops

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

This weekend I read Y the last schlop (2 paws), Understanding Schlops (1 paw), The Rabbi's Schlop (2 paws), the Cartoon history of Schlop (1 paw), and Charmed Schlops (2 paws). Charmed Schlops is like Harry Schlopper mixed with Lemony Snickets and the Shnooden Compass. Oh, also it mentioned you Nibs...
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

PB
No Doubt Moses Bean

Sheesh

Post by PB »

Gulliver wrote:Petri said he is going to be reading 'Little, Big' soon so I might help him read that too.
Is it just me or has Petri been trying to read that book for as long as the Schlop forums have existed?!

T-T-TODAY JUNIOR!!! THE KID CANT EVEN READ!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you should get mininibs to find the Youtube version of the book at the rate you're going...
Petri
Majestic Bean

Petri here

Post by Petri »

Hi PB - just so you know, I started reading Little, Big yesterday. It's hard for me to read since the book is so big but Gulliver is helping me hold it open. So far I have read 10 pages. It is about a guy named Smoky and he is going to his wedding... I started a thread for it so if you want to hear more be sure to check that thread for future updates.
Duddles' deeds be done.
lee
No Pants Bean

graphic novel recs

Post by lee »

Hey Gulliver

A while back I asked my friends Miki and Brian for some graphic novel recommendations. They got back to me recently with some other suggestions from their friends. Let me know if you've heard of any of these:

Persepolis, by Marjane Satrapi
Only the first one is required, although the second was good too

Also, Joe Sacco, who does comics journalism
He has a bunch of stuff on Bosnia (Safe Area: Gorazde, The Fixer) and another very well known book called Palestine
Those have been some of the most thought-provoking stuff I've read.

Concrete, which I think is the best on-going series in american comics

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

There are the Flight anthologies, which Brian and Miki also really enjoyed: a bunch of comic short stories by very talented web-comic artists

Daniel Clowes (Ghost World and Ice Haven were both very good) and Seth (Clyde Fans was good, but is only half-finished and is nearly as sad as Jimmy Corrigan)
Oh and Black Hole, by Charles Burns. That one's gotten a lot of well-deserved praise.
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Books

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

Yesterday I read two books of Y - the last Schlop. They were good and funny and really make you think about what it would be like being the last Schlop. I give them both two paws.

I also read an X-Schlop book (1.5 paws) and am now reading the Walking Schlops books.

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Booky Book

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

Recently I finished Schlop: the Gospel According to Schlop (1 paw), and Perschlopolis (2 paws). I also ordered Perschlopolis 2: Havana Nights. Right now I am reading the Diary of a Young Schlop.

Schlops.

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Schlopopolis

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

This weekend I read Perschlopolis 2: Electric Schlopaloo. I give it two paws.

Shnoodles
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Shnoods with the news

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey Gulliver, I just heard that Perschlopolis is going to be a movie this year. Cool, right?
In the SHNOOD!
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Pride of Schlopdad

Post by Gulliver »

Sniffle...

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Runaway Schlops

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

This weekend I read Runaways. It was good (2 paws!). It is all about some kids who discover that their parents are super villains and then they run away together. Like what will happen with baby Schlop some day.

peaches
Fuzziest Bean of All

Peaches!

Post by peaches »

Hi Guys!!!

Gulliver just told me that the book Runaways was nominated for a peach award! Peaches!!!
Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp!