League of Extraordinary Babies

Not all topics revolve around Schlop (but most do). Post your questions and comments that don't involve Schlop here.
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

League of Extraordinary Babies

Post by Snuffles »

The future is full of peril, which is why us bears have been collecting a dossier for a league of babies with particular skills that we can then assemble into tomorrow's super team!

Our top baby is Ash!

Parents: Neil and Amanda
Distinguishing trait: Eyes contain the universe
Skills: World traveler, instagram trendsetter, talks to the animals
Superpower: Kwisatz Haderach child-prophet destined to unite the universe and lead us into the new age born of fire

Last edited by Snuffles on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Thong-the-thong-thong-thong"
- the Thong Song
Duddles
King of the World Bean

Hoo hoo

Post by Duddles »

Babies smell
Where's Petri?
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Yes Duddles some babies smell

Post by Snuffles »

But not these babies!
- the Thong Song
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Baby two

Post by Gulliver »

We have recruited our second baby Sebastian. Sebastian is a talented baby with a lot of promise and is also a MacArthur genius baby.

Parents: Lin-Manuel Miranda and Vanessa
Abilities: He can write rhymes which you cannot write
Fun Fact: named after a Disney crab
Last edited by Gulliver on Wed May 17, 2017 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
Petri
Majestic Bean

Baby numero tres

Post by Petri »

I heard there is a new baby Carina - and guess what, this baby is a girl!

A she-baby!

Check the deets, y'all:

Parents: Elena (Snowy is the godbear)
Powers: Lexical prowess will let her uncover secrets of the Cosmos, also it is possible she will know Unix systems

Bonus: She has her own Snowy bear!

Duddles' deeds be done.
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Baby the fourth

Post by DJ »

A new super baby has come to our attention. Please view this secret dossier:

Everest the Super Baby

Parents: Everest, George Lucas is your father
Destiny: To restore balance to the force
Special Abilities: Midichlorians are off the chart - over 20 thousand. Even Master Yoda doesn't have a midichlorian count that high.

Zupancakes
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Take a look, it's in a book...

Post by Nibs »

Oh man! What an age of Super Babies we have upon us.

And now Zelda Rose has joined the world... who knows what powers she has yet to reveal.

Meanwhile, just got an update today on the first female Super Baby, Carina!

Apparently, having just turned 3, she is already reading on her own! And not just books with pictures- she is reading full chapter books! And she was caught the other day reading old notebooks of college notes that Elena had. Wow! Apparently she can also read cursive, a skill many modern teenagers are yet unable to do.

I've never heard of such literary prowess before, this explains why she's in the League! I wonder what she wants to learn and how fast she will be learning it!

She's still working on potty training though... hoo hoo hoo.
Nibs

Astrobaby

Post by Nibs »

Hey bears!

Carina continues to lead the pack of SuperBabies by showing unprecedented interest in unusual things for her age.

Apparently she is right now obsessed with PLANETS and the STARS. She has a tiny toy that projects a map of the Solar System and she sits for hours in the bathroom with the lights off looking at the cosmos from her projector. What is she looking for??

She is also very into ROBOTS and despite only seeing a brief clip of them she is very attached to R2D2 and C3PO, and now BB8. She has made R2D2 a bed in her room and tucks him in every night and reads him stories. What will happen when she meets Wall-E?

Anyhow, just wanted to keep the league posted on Carina's scientific passions.

Ash better keep up with the pack!
Shnoodles

Fifth Baby

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey you Super Baby guys,

The Bear Council has long been watching the exploits of this baby. At first we couldn't foresee if this baby would choose the Path of Good or turn to the Dark Side (like Kylo). But now the bears have decided he is traveling the Righteous Path of Fuzziness and Pancakes and the time has come to induct him into the League of Extraordinary Babies - making him the 5th baby inducted... Cool!

Maki the Super Baby

Parents: Ruth and a Kiwi
Secret Identity: Also Bob the Hunter
Catchphrase: "And now, the honey!"
Loves: Miles
Special Abilities: Has the strength of 3 normal babies, worshiped by the Chinese

In the SHNOOD!
Nibs

The Golden Child

Post by Nibs »

I'm so pleased that Maki finally made it into the League of Extraordinary Babies!

It makes all my effort to get him through China worth it!

For posterity, we wanted to also mention some of Maki's recent funny moments at age 4.

* He thinks "famous" just means "really good" and refers to all his art and lego creations as "famous".

* He has a British accent like Peppa Pig! He says Mummy and Daddy! The recent news agrees. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... a-Pig.html

* He has an "Art Box" where he makes art from.

Lee and I are going to go tramping with him (that means backpacking in kiwi) at the end of March. Exciting!

I hope he says more funny things!
Petri
Majestic Bean

Buttermilk update

Post by Petri »

Here is an update on Super Baby #3 - it turns out the Snowy Bear from the original picture is named Buttermilk (like the pancake) and Buttermilk is still around! Buttermilk is presumably raising the Super Baby as a Yoda-like mentor and keeping her safe from any harm. And look how clean Buttermilk has stayed:

Duddles' deeds be done.
Nibs

Flopsy Mopsy

Post by Nibs »

I heard the other day that Zuckerberg has 2 babies and I was looking into it to see if either were worthy to join our league.

But instead I found that he has the most amazing dog!!

Look at this guy:

He is so FLOPPY!

Here's some other great shots:
https://www.instagram.com/p/xUyExDQeZs/
https://www.instagram.com/p/qcCumMweYy/
https://www.instagram.com/p/JOdRusQeYf/
https://www.instagram.com/p/aw9oRSQec-/

And my personal favorite:

https://www.instagram.com/p/qCUcGaweRu/

I nominate this floppy dog to join the League!
Nibs

And you all look a little bit older

Post by Nibs »

Oh heavens!

We have been so focused on Ash that we have stopped keeping tabs on these other Extraordinary Babies.

While we weren't watching, this one has grown quite a bit! But Buttermilk appears to still be getting plenty of hugs!

Nibs

VCGN 4 life

Post by Nibs »

Oh wow, everyone! I had a very big day on Wednesday!

Lee and I got to meet one of the Extraordinary Babies from the League and it went better than I could have imagined.

When she arrived, she ran right up to Lee and introduced herself by saying "Hi, I'm Carina, young writer." Hoo hoo!

Then Lee introduced her to me and she seemed to like me. She posed with me in this picture.

I thought that would be it, but then she wanted to go get her favorite stuffy who is named Gilcrest. I got to meet Gilcrest!!

We learned a lot about Carina. Apparently she is in a phase where she is very into making her own comic books and graphic novels! She is apparently a voracious reader of graphic novels, just like Ash. Also she is reading the Harry Potter books and is on Book 4 and is completely obsessed with Voldemort!

Apparently Carina really has a thing for the villains (unprompted by her parents) and she is a big Disney villain fan as well. So Lee and her had a lot to talk about. Carina claims to be "rehabilitating the villains" and is friends with them all.

We learned about a secret club she has created called VCG which stands for Voldemort, Carina, and Gilcrest. (Gilcrest is somewhat villainous himself it turns out.) Anyway, Lee did some slick talking and convinced Carina that I should be an honorary member for VCG for the day so it became VCGN for Voldemort, Carina, Gilcrest, and Nibs! What an honor!! Her parents seemed astounded that I was so easily allowed to join this exclusive group!

Here are some shots of me and Gilcrest having an adventure at lunch:

Carina was definitely one of the coolest kids I have ever met. She's very smart and funny but underplays her humor and seems very interesting. She isn't worried about attention and has a lot of imaginary friends and creative things going on. I was so glad she liked me! She even took me on an adventure through this cave/tunnel at a playground we found in Boulder and Lee didn't go with me, it was exciting!

At the end of lunch she gave me a big hug!

I learned later that Gilcrest stars in a homemade movie called The Troublemakers. I feel so honored to have met such a star! Here is one last shot of us together:

Here's a link to his movie: https://youtu.be/tly2mU4BJtg (You need to login as leeagranas and use the password with a 7 in it.) I haven't watched it yet, maybe we can all watch and discuss!

Carina was also a huge fan of Greek Mythology and Kingdom Hearts, so Lee dazzled her since those are Lee's best topics! Lee told her about the musical Hadestown and blew her mind.

I couldn't believe what a big success the encounter was!

Elena wrote to Lee afterwards and said "Tell Nibs he is very popular around here now. Yesterday, back at the house, I heard Carina chuckling to herself, shaking her head saying "Nibs..."

Wow! I made a lasting impression! I can't believe it!!

Oh I also got the scoop on all the stuffies in the picture with her in the previous post. The 2 bunnies are Candy and Cherry and each duck has a name and of course Buttermilk is very popular so I tried to explain how me and all my friends are the same genus and species as Buttermilk!

Anyway, what a day!
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Nibs da coolest!

Post by Snuffles »

Wow Nibs I can't believe you got to meet another Extraordinary Baby and then join an exclusive club with Gilcrest - that is amazing!

We watched the The Troublemakers and were quite impressed with the film making - and it had an important lesson for stuffies not to stick our ears in doors.

Schlop would like to point out that he was initially suspicious of Gilcrest and the film shows his suspicions were justified since Gilcrest stole the Owl Bank and tried to break out of prison.

Anyhoo, fuzzah for Nibs for his grand adventure!
- the Thong Song