The Amazing Adventures of Lee

Not all topics revolve around Schlop (but most do). Post your questions and comments that don't involve Schlop here.
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Sandy Eggo Again!

Post by Nibs »

This time we have an amazing adventure along WITH Dave, Gulliver, PEACHES, and Stu!

Plus the usual cast of SF characters.

This chapter finds us again in Sandy Eggo.

So far we've overcome:
* The blocked ear
* The missing hat

What perils await us next?

The Bronco Victory was a highlight! As was many of the foodstuffs we've had so far. Except that one crust wasn't up to par for Gulliver who is a pizza connoisseur.

I heard the forum updater is on the fritz so who knows if anyone will read this?
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Snooze

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

I am here in Sunny Eggo and it is fun hanging out with Lee. The weather is warm and the snacks are plentiful. Today we went to Snooze and I had potato griddle cakes and they had an orange snoozius.

Also I didn't take Lee's hat so don't ask me about it.
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
Nibs

Frosty treats

Post by Nibs »

Word on the street is that Gulliver ran into a panda who gave him 2 free cups of all-you-can-eat frozen yogurt from a mythical kingdom called Yogurtland!

One even had a cinnamon stick in it! Crunchy and sweet!

All this happened while Lee had a chai outside of a spice shop.

The wonders of Sandy Eggo never cease!
Shnoodles

Lee is up in the woods

Post by Shnoodles »

Lee is up in the woods

She's down on her mind

She's building a still

To slow

Down

the

time
In the SHNOOD!
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Is Lee out of the woods yet?

Post by Snuffles »

Is Lee out of the woods yet? Is Lee out of the woods?

Is Lee in the clear yet?

In the clear yet?

Good!
"Thong-the-thong-thong-thong"
- the Thong Song
Nibs

Put a Schlop on it

Post by Nibs »

Hullo bears!

I'm here in Portland, City of Roses and Benson Bubblers, with Lee this weekend. And boy are those roses in bloom. And the bubblers are bubbling nonstop!

It's been an ok trip to Oregon so far as trips go. Lee got to paddle with Uncle Phil and the wild-dog Velma. Lee even had to restrain Velma when she tried to attack another dog! No one got soggy bottoms so it all worked out.

I got to sleep in Phil and Jeanee's master bed each night which was pretty comfy! And they had a very fancy and nice shower too.

Corvallis was mostly spent with Lee chasing around Baby Ewan and trying to make sure he didn't bonk his head since he was just getting the hang of walking. The older sister who was 3 has a lot of imaginary friends... not something I can relate to unfortunately.

Portland has been alright too. We ate at some food trucks and saw some very painful acapella music. Lee got a Chicken Schnitzel meal that was SO big it has lasted for 3 days and been our dinner for the last three nights! My favorite part so far was when me and Lee watched together as TheBoys got eliminated in TAR Korea, which was too bad.

Other good foodstuffs have included: a donut! a homemade brunch of bagels and many delectables including trout! a quinoa tofu bowl with jalapenos and roasted brussels sprouts. a mini chocolate croissant! (different from the maxi chocolate croissant in Corvallis)

Some nice green tea today as well.

Lee and I were hoping to sneak off today and read American Schlops but instead our hosts insisted that we go for a walk which turned out to take 6 hours and be 7.4 miles.

Tomorrow the hosts are going to work so hopefully we can do some cafe time. It's also supposed to rain tomorrow, which will be nice since it has been very hot out here, too hot for my furry comfort.

Anysneech, we miss Schlop a lot and look forward to coming home soon!

Nibs hugs!
Shnoodles

Cabin in the Woods

Post by Shnoodles »

Nibs is currently away at the moment on an excursion to the cabin. This is very exciting and we are all hoping Nibs isn't devoured by a large swarm of mosquitoes.

Nibs ran into Heidi and Huggins and Muggins - check it out:

It looks like Heidi has a crush!

Us bears are looking forward to hearing what kind of foodstuffs were eaten and how many hot dogs Nibs had.
In the SHNOOD!
Nibs

Food report

Post by Nibs »

Hoo hoo! I hadn't even realized Heidi was looking my way in that photo!! Hoo hoo! :oops:

This was a pretty amazing cabin trip, truth be told!

We met with Peter and got all the systems working easily. We took LOTS of NAPS! We found a series of amazing trails that are really beautiful and go for miles and miles all over and around the nearby National Forest!

But on the subject of foodstuffs... ahem....

* Mom made gourmet oatmeal for breakfast each day with raisins and fresh cut bananas and strawberries! Ive never had anything so yummy for breakfast! Lee made toast on the campfire which is always the best kind of toast!

* For lunch we had sandwiches of salami and pepper-jack cheese. And sweet pickles!

* Mom's friend Cindy's son had made a jar of special "trail mix" that was cinnamon granola and dried PEACHES and MANGOS and chocolate chips and it was really good! We ate that a lot on the trails, like how we used to eat oranges with Dave.

* For dinner the first night we had a rotisserie chicken! And corn on the cob! Mom had a side of strawberries and Lee had more sweet pickles!

* For the second night we had awesome quesadillas and steamed green beans. And pickles and stawberries!

* For the third night Mom had a grilled cheese sandwich with TWO slices of pepper jack cheese. Lee cooked some raviolis that were made of red bell peppers and had chicken inside- yum! And we had steamed corn. And pickles and strawberries.

* Over cribbage every night Lee would have a cup of tea and some dark-chocolate raspberry ghiradelli squares. I often got a bite too since I got to sit on the table during cribbage!

We were pretty pleased with how well we planned on food and didn't have that much extra at the end.

The only mishap was that we bought some grapes but didn't inspect them closely and they turned out to be quite moldy. :/ So we left them for the animals.

And speaking of animals... that Moose peeping in the bedroom window was quite the sight! I had no idea a moose would get so close to the cabin like that! I will probably never see anything that cool again!

We saw elk and deers and cows! Hoooo! And humming birds!

Anysneech, can't wait until more bears come to visit the cabin in July!
Duddles
King of the World Bean

moldy grapes

Post by Duddles »

Hoo hoo

Nibs do you think those moldy grapes will still be there if I come to visit in July?

They sound pretty fuzzy...
Where's Petri?
Snowy
Prolific Bean

puff puff pass

Post by Snowy »

Yo dudes and dudettes.

I heard that Lee was out in a whole field of weed and she got to take out as much as she wanted... Whoa!

Can you help a bear out and share some of that Lee?
Nibs

Adventures galore

Post by Nibs »

Oh ya, Snowy, too bad that field of weed caused a debilitating neck injury that has kept Lee in bed for 11 days and counting. Oof!

Assuming this injury one day heals, there are some exciting trips on the horizon for Lee!

Next week on Weds she is going to LA for a WorkFuzzy conference with the 3 employees, hoo hoo. She is going to stay a bit extra and go see Nick. Maybe there'll be a cool celeb sighting or a play seen?

Then the next week she will go visit Phil and his dog Velma and also Jeanee and some kiddos who live nearby and eat pie and turkey stuffings with them. Bears are grumbly that she isn't going to St Louis for this round and miss the St Louis bears very much.

Then in early December Lee found super-cheap airfare to New York and a friend offered a free private room for her to stay in! Woah! Since WorkFuzzy can be done anywhere, Lee is going to go work remotely from NYC for a week! Maybe some shows can be seen or maybe we will stalk Maddy and Ash if they're in town.

Then shortly after that the bears get to reunite in Colorado and make good foodstuffs together!

What a lot of trips! I wonder which ones I will get to join in for! Hopefully all of them!

This shoulder better heal up quick!
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

Could it be?

Post by Muffins »

Nibs I heard that Lee bought a ticket for a highly experimental procedure in New York City that will make it so she can sleep no more!?

Will will happen to Schlop's malm?!?
"You have no life... Writing about Smurfs... GO EAT A MUFFIN OR SOMETHING!"
Snuffles
King of the World Bean

Out of the bag

Post by Snuffles »

Hey Nibs are you going to journey across the continent with Lee to New York City?

That would be quite an epic journey!

Be careful though I heard Lee is staying at a place where a Bohemian cat will be staying in the other room. I don't know exactly what that means but maybe they will try to get you to join in a drum circle...

Sounds cool!
"Thong-the-thong-thong-thong"
- the Thong Song
Nibs

We just happen to be in the greatest city in the world

Post by Nibs »

Hullo bears!

I'm here in the city where Lin and Sebastian live, but so far we haven't spotted them.

Things are a bit different than we expected. The "warehouse" of interesting people turns out to be a tiny 2 bedroom apartment with a guy who only speaks Taiwanese and the friend we know. And no private room. The Bohemian Cat seems to be staying elsewhere so that is too bad.

But other than that, the trip is pretty great so far.

This morning we went to a fancy brunch in Williamsburg at a place called House of Small Wonder. Lee got potatoes-au-gratin... but then they upset her tummy which was too bad. Lee came home and took a nap with me and I healed her tummy, hooray!

Then she went to an Oddities Bazaar in Brooklyn which was very impressive! Iain, Sam's illustrator friend, was there with his girlfriend, and they knew everyone and so we stayed for many hours and talked to old collectors of antiques and skulls and strange anatomy things. Pretty cool.

Then we went to a fancy dinner at a Japanese place and had good foodstuffs!

Then we went to a place that was a full restaurant but only of desserts and cakes and treats! It was unbelievable. I took a picture of the menu to send you! Lee had a tiramisu cupcake which was great and some lemon/ginger tea. Her compatriots had Pecan Pie (SNEECHES!) and Strawberry Shortcake with Red Velvet Hot Chocolate.

Then we went and saw Coco!!! Wow, it was sooooo goood!!! Lee was so impressed!!! She gave me lots of hugs afterwards!! Hoo hoo, so good. Hoo hoo, Coco!

I can't believe they got all those famous actors back for that Frozen short. I was a bit disappointed in that short and its songs... could've been way better.

Schlop drank hot cocoa while we watched Coco, I heard!

Tomorrow Lee will go hang out with the infrared-camera guy and then our famous author-couple so that will be interesting.

So far so good. Fuzz fuzz!
Nibs

You could have been anywhere else tonight

Post by Nibs »

Hi bears!

A good 2nd day in the Big Apple. It's not too cold here, brisk, but not snowing or raining so that is nice.

We had a leisure morning and then went to Manhattan and ended up getting delicious thai food with Lee's infrared camera friend and chatted about the next steps in the infrared camera world.

The best part about NY is that all the restaurants and indoor places are sooo warm and cozy! San Francisco needs to learn more about indoor heating!

Another odd part about where we are staying is that the main guy is raising bees. He has lyme disease and believes that bee venom is a cure for it, so he stings himself with many bees each day. Waaah. Today he turned his balcony into an aviary and hung up plastic sheeting and let the bees roam free. I am glad I am a stuffie and can't get stung by any bees in this crazy bee place. I bet Neil would like it though.

Anysneech, Lee went to the dinner party at the authors house. They had a spectacular place on the East River that overlooked the entire Manhattan skyline- so fancy! There were 6 people there in addition to the couple and we munched some food stuffs. Fortunately the discussion about political loyalty morphed into a chat about the psychological concept of loyalty and Lee was able to hang pretty well in a psychology conversation vs a political one.

Lee dazzled them all by teaching them the trick that the phrase 'blood is thicker than water' is a mistaken shortening of the longer version 'the blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb'... the opposite of what everyone uses that phrase to mean. I was just glad she didn't make a fool of herself!

Then we came back and Bohemian Cat came by for dinner and some other hacker people were there too. One guy was really obsessed with AI and kept wanting to chat about whether raising an AI would be a satisfying alternative to procreating... but Lee gets pretty bored with AI chats. Bohemian Cat was very funny though. She didn't get to catch up with her one-on-one but maybe later in the week.

Anysneech, this was a very full day. Tomorrow we will just go work from a coffee shop and it will be more mellow.

Miss you guys!