Nibs' Meditation Retreat

Not all topics revolve around Schlop (but most do). Post your questions and comments that don't involve Schlop here.
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Nibs' Meditation Retreat

Post by Nibs »

Hullo guys!

Me and Lee went on an 8 day silent meditation retreat!

Lee would get up in the morning and go eat oatmeal and grapefruits. Then she would wake me up and we'd do some yoga together. Then she went and did her thing and I would do napping meditation, snacking meditation, and walking-around-the-bed meditation.

Then Lee would come back in the afternoons and take me for hikes, just like the good ol days. One day we sat under an oak tree and watched hawks fly over the hills. Another day we followed a deer path through to a meadow and then sat and drew pictures for a while. It was cool!

There were so many good healthy foodstuffs and no meat! The best was a red bell pepper stuffed with rice and black beans that me and Lee want to try to make now.

Anysneech, aside from the sleep-tourettes lady next to us, it was a pretty great trip. I sure did miss the other bears though.
Nibs

Foodstuffs

Post by Nibs »

Lee and I kept a list of all the yummy foods we ate on the retreat:

* Carrot Soup
* Mango* salad (lettuce with mango slivers) and cilantro lime dressing
* Coconut Rice!
* Black Beans with herbs
* Spiced Sneech Potatoes
* Oatmeal
* Granola
* Grapefruit!
* Chick Peas
* Egg Salad and Capers!
* Thai lettuce wraps, tofu
* Brown rice, steamed carrots
* Arugula and lemon salad!
* Lemon Rice Soup!
* Toast and really good hummus!
* Miso soup
* Brown Rice and Chives
* Black beans and rice stuffed in red bell pepper! (as previously mentioned)
* Banana chocolate chip brownies!
* Steamed broccoli
* Rice Cakes and Peanut Butter
* Hard boiled eggs
* Steamed sneech potatoes
* Tostadas with black beans

The ! meant we really liked those ones.
They put out the brownies on the 2nd to last night and after no sweets for a week they were extra good!
*Lee normally doesn't like mangoes but these were good somehow

Lee and I want to do more cooking after all this!
Shnoodles

Nibs is back

Post by Shnoodles »

Welcome back Nibs! You didn't miss much around here, just that I watched Paddington.

You must be exhausted after all that meditating. That sounds cool about sitting under a tree and watching those hawks. I'm glad Lee protected you from getting snatched by a hawk too - that would be scary.

I am impressed you drew. What did you draw? I bet it was cool!

Well, welcome back! All the bears missed your presence on the forums. Be sure to check out my post about Paddington when you get the chance.

Cheers!
In the SHNOOD!
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Welcome back Nibs

Post by Gulliver »

Hi Nibs.

Schlop doesn't like mangoes so it is good he didn't come along - he would have had to pick the mango slivers out of the salad as is his wont.

I don't know what a caper is.

Well it's good to have you back.
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
Muffins
Schloptastic Bean

Spoom

Post by Muffins »

I heard Nibs is going on another meditation retreat this weekend.

Did you know Schlop is a meditation guru?

It's true - he is able to sit very still and he says the mantra "spoom" which is moops backwards. He is practicing to be able to find inner peace.

Oops - that was a typo, I meant to find the inner pea at the bottom of all his blankets!
"You have no life... Writing about Smurfs... GO EAT A MUFFIN OR SOMETHING!"
mini-nibs
Dinky Bean

Nibs in the Wild

Post by mini-nibs »

Nibs is off on a spiritual journey in the Redwood forests - I figured while he is away I could keep track of all the pop culture ephemera that happens while he is venturing on the astral plane. Then when he returns to the hustle and bustle of malm life he can be all caught up on everything.

Thursday:
New trailer for Dark Crystal is being discussed, but flannel bears too scared of Skeksies to watch it without Nibs.

Friday:
Flannel bears make trek to Ikea to claim our free birthday meal and birthday blanket. In honor of Nibs' fast we took one of the meatballs and placed it under a tree.

Saturday:
Neil tweeting up a storm about the release of Schlop Omens, but sadly a lack of Ash tweets.

Sunday:
New Schlopzilla movie is out and Mothra is in it. I hope the moths of the forest are staying away from Nibs!

Monday:
Flannel bears caught up with last weeks TAR. Also Duddles wanted me to report that he liked the bing page today: https://imgur.com/a/K80koYY

Tuesday:
Bears in mourning about James' loss.

Wednesday:
Without Nibs' rooting support the Warriors lost game 3 to the Raptors in Oakland.

Thursday:
Heard a rumor that Entertainment Weekly is now becoming a monthly magazine - hope Nibs won't be too upset

Friday:
Bears watched the most recent TAR - Nibs will have a lot of catching up to do.

Saturday:
The Women's World Cup has started - Shnoodles was a little sad he didn't get to Shnood it but bears are still excited to root on Team USA

Sunday:
Tonys were on and here is the opening number
Care for a little Nibs?