Where is your messiah now, Nibs?

Nibs answers any questions you have about that infamous bear named Schlop.
Shnoodles
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Where is your messiah now, Nibs?

Post by Shnoodles »

Link: http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/03/30/pr ... index.html

In the largest study of its kind, researchers found that having people pray for heart bypass surgery patients had no effect on their recovery. In fact, patients who knew they were being prayed for had a slightly higher rate of complications.
In the SHNOOD!
Nibs

Hepped up on goofballs

Post by Nibs »

So you're saying there's no God, Shnoodles? That's too bad.

Or are you saying I'm like Chief Wiggam...getting too tubby? Eating too many donuts?

Schlop wants to know if you had a question for Schlop?
Shnoodles

Oh for two

Post by Shnoodles »

Looks like Joss Whedon says that there is NO god, and whatever Joss says I agree with him completely. So looks like you are up the proverbial creek with no paddle, huh Nibs?
When interviewed by The Onion AV Club on October 9, 2002, Whedon answered the question "Is there a God?" with one word: "No." The interviewer followed up with: "That's it, end of story, no?" Whedon answered: "Absolutely not. That's a very important and necessary thing to learn." Whedon frequently identifies himself as an existentialist. In addition, on the Serenity DVD, during a Question and Answer session with fans of the Firefly series at Fox Studios in Sydney, he identifies himself as an atheist and absurdist.
Actually, the whole article is pretty interesting - the Onion asked a bunch of famous people 'is there a God?' and got lots of different responses. Check it out here:

http://www.avclub.com/content/node/24569

Also, a question for Schlop - is there a God?
In the SHNOOD!
Shnoodles

Strike three

Post by Shnoodles »

Hey Nibs.

Here's another quote of Joss about God:
The Onion: Who could you take in a fight?

Joss Whedon: God. I'm constantly yelling at Him. A lot of my writers are quite religious, and I'm always yelling, "Come on! Strike me down! Wuss!" I don't know why I have such anger toward somebody who doesn't exist.
In the SHNOOD!