Pancake Technician

This forum focuses on how cool Schlop is and other subtopics as such.
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Pancake Technician

Post by Nibs »

There seem to be a lot of people who want to talk about pancake technicians, so I'm starting a new thread.

My question: can pancake technicians work on waffles at all... or is this a violation of their job description?
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

We just got some waffles!

Post by DJ »

Yes! I like to eat waffles too.

We just got some strawberry waffles - of the ego variety. Does Schlop want us to save one waffle for him for when he comes to visit?

Waffles are good, but they will never beat pancakes for me. You can make pancakes of virtually any size, and they are also called flap jacks in some circles. You can also stack them. In this manner you can have a flap jack stack. It's pretty wild. I once had 50 pancakes, but I didn't stack them. I ate them one by one as they came of the skillet. If I had stacked them all and then sat on top of them, I probably would have been taller than Schlop.

How many pancakes tall is Schlop?
Zupancakes
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Pancake thread is rockin!

Post by DJ »

Just wanted to keep this pancake thread rolling!

Has anyone heard any pancake news lately?

I heard there is something to do with pancakes in the show wonderfalls - maybe in the dog episode. Is this true, Lee?

Ok, pancakes out.
Zupancakes
lee
No Pants Bean

Cakes in a Pan!

Post by lee »

DJ wrote:
I heard there is something to do with pancakes in the show wonderfalls - maybe in the dog episode. Is this true, Lee?
Dj, are you just making that up? Now I have to watch and find out.

I think we should talk about people who have the word "pancake" in their name. Like DJ Zupancake. Oh wait. I wonder if there are people out there who are like that and how they feel about it.
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Re: Cakes in a Pan!

Post by DJ »

lee wrote:Cakes in a Pan!
Wow - I just got that. Pan cakes. Cakes in a pan.

Just wow.
Zupancakes
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Re: Cakes in a Pan!

Post by DJ »

Dj, are you just making that up? Now I have to watch and find out.
Hey - I'm not joshing you here - that's what I heard from the pancake network gossip. Check it out and let me know!

Also, I heard yesterday on SNL they were talking about the mysterious odor of maple syrup that was smelt all over New York the other day - and they did a skit about Mrs. Butterworth making a terrorist tape where she said, instead of 'Death to America', she said 'Pancakes to America!'

Very exciting pancake situation right now. Exciting time to be a pancake technician. Let me know about more pancake news!
Zupancakes
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Smells of pancakes!

Post by DJ »

Here is an article about the smell from New York:

New York City has many odors, but when the city began to smell a little too good, New Yorkers became alarmed. Residents from the southern tip of Manhattan to the Upper West Side nearly 10 miles north called a city hot line to report a strong odor Thursday night that most compared to maple syrup, The New York Times reported Friday.

There were so many calls that the city's Office of Emergency Management coordinated efforts with the Police and Fire Departments, the Coast Guard and the City Department of Environmental Protection to find the source of the mysterious smell.

Air tests haven't turned up anything harmful, but the source was still a mystery.

"We are continuing to sample the air throughout the affected area to make sure there's nothing hazardous," said Jarrod Bernstein, an emergency management spokesman. "What the actual cause of the smell is, we really don't know."

Although many compared the smell to maple syrup, others said it reminded them of vanilla coffee or freshly-baked cake. All seemed to agree that it was a welcome change from the usual city smells.

"It's like maple syrup. With Eggos (waffles). Or pancakes," Arturo Padilla told The Times as he walked in Lower Manhattan. "It's pleasant."

---

Italics mine! Does anyone know people in New York that might have smelled this (Lee?). This seems like quite a major pancake happening going on. I wish I was there to take part! Once when I had 50 pancakes the whole apartment smelled like pancakes. Lately I had an ego waffle and I can tell you it was a similar smell. But I still like pancakes better!
Zupancakes
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Hotcakes!

Post by DJ »

My pancake sources are telling me that Lee had a McDonald's pancake which she claims are called 'Hot cakes'. This is a very surprising revelation. The world of pancakes is far greater and more complex than I ever dreamed.

Keep the pancake news coming, guys!
Zupancakes
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Wonderfalls Pancakes Issue

Post by DJ »

Okay - have we made any progress on this yet? I think it's time we move this up on the priority chart to numero uno. Nibs can you get on that? We don't want this pancake scoop to grow stale - believe me, stale pancakes are no walk in the park!

Cheerios.
Zupancakes
lee
No Pants Bean

Not so Hot Cakes

Post by lee »

Dj,

Yes- you heard correctly. One morning in New Zealand I ordered Hot Cakes from McDonalds. You get three pancakes in a paper box with a side of syrup and butter.

I regret to inform you that the Hot Cakes did not taste near as good as they looked. They were in fact quite rubbery and tasted a bit like cardboard. The meal was only salvaged with the syrup. (I contend that truly good pancakes don't need any syrup. Do you agree, Dj?)

Has anyone else ever had bad pancakes?
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Bad pancakes

Post by DJ »

(I contend that truly good pancakes don't need any syrup. Do you agree, Dj?)
I totally agree zupancakes. I personally don't like syrup since it has been known to be sticky. Sometimes it gums up my mouth so bad I can't even open my mouth. Definitely a good pancakes can stand on its own without syrup.

Bad pancakes can happen to anyone but taking the proper precautions can ensure every pancake will be an outstanding pancake. Good pancakes to you!
Zupancakes
DJ
Un-bean-lievable

Have a pancake

Post by DJ »

Yesterday I finally saw (with my own two eyes) the wonderfalls pancake episode. It started out very promising - with a lady cooking pancakes that were said to be very special since she puts eggs in them. Unfortunately Jaye did not want to have a pancake (for reasons unbeknownst to me!) and this caused all sorts of trouble. But at the end of the episode everything had been returned to normalcy and a large stack of pancakes was served - what an ending! The lesson I took from all of this was it is always good to have a pancake when one is offered, to refuse a pancake could cause mayhem.
Zupancakes
lee
No Pants Bean

Wonder-splat

Post by lee »

Dj,

I also saw this particular Wonderfalls episode. I thought the best part was that the talking Cow Creamer kept saying over and over:

"HAVE A PANCAKE."

I think that was the moral of the episode, DJ.

Glad we finally cleared up that mystery though.
lee
No Pants Bean

Of Mice and Pancakes

Post by lee »

DJ,

I have a question about that film that Duddles made in the "Motion Pictures" thread.

I'm curious what you think are on the pancakes. Looks like some sort of flavored syrup and possibly a fruit of some kind. Thoughts?

Here's a link to it:

http://artpad.art.com/?imky2ib6pzs
Duddles
King of the World Bean

Motion picture pancakes

Post by Duddles »

I actually know since I was the creative consultant for the film that they were not real pancakes and that instead Petri used prop pancakes that were modeled after real pancakes that had syrup and also blueberries. I was the one who told Petri to put the pancakes in (it was my idea).
Where's Petri?