Musicals Gulliver Sees

It's about time we have a music section on these forums. We can't hold out any longer. Even if certain people don't have certain hardware required to hear sound....
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

Losers always whine about their best

Post by Nibs »

Big news for musical bear fans!

We all watched Come From Away this weekend on AppleTV and were very impressed.

Gulliver was so inspired he even made his own youtube video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxx5DA16VXU I can't get over how well this came together! I can't wait to see if we can find the right audience to appreciate it or are we the only ones who like 90s Nic Cage movies and modern Broadway shows?!

Dave also noticed that "Somewhere in the middle of nowhere" was sung to the same tune as RENT's What You Own. Lee thinks "38 Planes" sounded similar to Hamilton's Yorktown and I was trying to make a case that "Me and the Sky" was just a rewrite of Wicked's The Wizard and I!

There are no new ideas under the sun in Broadway lyrics! But we are here for each and every iteration of them!
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

New Hugh?

Post by Gulliver »

Hi, the Tonys happened recently and were hosted by Ariana who is famous for being Anita and in Sneechilton. She had a opening song where she mashed together lots of shows to give them a round of a-paws. Lee noticed a lot of musical Easter eggs and Peaches even noticed when they did his and Sneeches favorite song lyric from HadesSchlop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwsGcw9ObXE

My other favorite part was when Ariana sat on Andrew Garfield which you can watch here:

https://twitter.com/somuchhappenin_/sta ... 0686910464

Will Ariana be the new Hugh and the next NPH?
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Chess with Schlop

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

Lee came to visit me and we went and saw Chess. The first night we just watched a few opening songs since I wasn't feeling fuzzy but then we came back and watched the whole show and Lee was nice enough to buy us tickets so we didn't have to sit too far back and the next night we came back again to watch only the first act from the free seats.

My favorite part was when Anatoly gets a banana during the tournament and then pretends to talk on it like a phone. Peaches and Sneeches really liked the referee's song where he did lots of jumps and splits.

It was really cool seeing a whole Muny show with Lee and she will be coming back to see Rent with me too.
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Muny 2024

Post by Gulliver »

Hi. I watched the live announcement of the 2024 Muny season on youtube. Here are the shows:
  1. Les Nibs - I saw that once when it was very hot before they had installed the giant fans. The forest bears also once built a barricade from the show.
  2. DreamSchlops - all I know is they made a movie and Beyonce was in it, hopefully she can also star in the Muny show.
  3. The Little Mersneech - Lee and I still haven't seen the recent movie even though Sneeches really likes the Scuttlebutt song.
  4. Fiddler on the Schlop - I hope it won't be as scary as the ghost sequence in the movie version.
  5. Waitress - I heard that on Broadway they cook real pies and everyone in the theater can smell it, hopefully I will be able to smell it from the free seats.
  6. In the Schlops - Duddles told me he likes the message about how it is important to have a sueñito and he would like to one day lick a piragua.
  7. Anyschlop goes - Sutton Foster won a Tony for this so hopefully she can reprise her role in St Louis.

Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

The people are asking to hear my voice

Post by Gulliver »

By popular demand I will now list the upcoming shows by my interest level from lowest to highest:
  1. Dreamgirls
  2. Anything Goes
  3. The Little Mermaid
  4. Fiddler on the Roof
  5. Les Miserables
  6. Waitress
  7. In the Heights