Theater of 2015

It's about time we have a music section on these forums. We can't hold out any longer. Even if certain people don't have certain hardware required to hear sound....
Gulliver
SNEECHES' friend

Theater of 2015

Post by Gulliver »

Hi.

I am big into musicals and this is a post about the musicals I saw in 2015.

Overall I saw 8 musicals this year. I saw 6 at the Muni (but missed Hairspray) and saw 1 at the Peabody and 1 at Wash U.

Here are my favorite songs from each musical

Book of Mormon - Lee kindly got me a ticket and it was a great experience with great seats. It's hard to pick a favorite but I liked Spooky Mormon Hell Dream.

My Fair Lady - I've Grown Accustomed to Schlop's Face.

Holiday Inn - Let's Start the New Year Right. I don't really remember this musical but it seems apropos to pick this song title.

Buddy Holly - La Bamba. Here's a bit of a rattlesnake.

Into the Woods - The Witch's Rap about beans. Also at this show I sat next to a lady who talked a lot.

Beauty and the Beast - Gaston. It's not very hard to see why.

Oklahoma! - The Surrey with the Fringe on Top. I ran into that lady again.

Company - Another Hundred People just got off of the train. But I liked a lot of them.

And now my favorite musical of 2015 is...

HAMILTON!
Answer: This character studied medicine, "knowing it would be useful in long voyages"

Question: Who is Gulliver?
Nibs
Schlopstakovich Superstar

I believe...

Post by Nibs »

Wow these year in review posts are the best!!

I will have to sit down with Schlop and see if we can concoct some equivalent posts. It's fun to reflect and rate the top things!

SNEECHILTON!!! hooooooo, the others didn't have a chance!

I can't believe you saw Book of Mormon in this same year. What a year for musicals!